• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose cleat - 2017 AR240

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have any idea how to get to the port side stern cleat on a 2017 AR240?

Not your exact boat, but could be useful info, about 8 posts down:

I've been looking for similar info myself since I bent the same cleat on my AR210. (Actually a stroke of luck that the cleat defended my hull from a bad dock.) I'm certainly not wedging myself back in the little storage compartment, so hoping to get "blind" access by removing the cleanout tray. Waiting for a cool weather day to get the marina to drop by boat on a work rack though. Hopefully we will hear more firsthand tips here...

Not your exact boat, but could be useful info, about 8 posts down:

I've been looking for similar info myself since I bent the same cleat on my AR210. (Actually a stroke of luck that the cleat defended my hull from a bad dock.) I'm certainly not wedging myself back in the little storage compartment, so hoping to get "blind" access by removing the cleanout tray. Waiting for a cool weather day to get the marina to drop by boat on a work rack though. Hopefully we will hear more firsthand tips here...

Ok…so good news for me, probably not for you. I popped off both of my cup holders, I just wasn’t able to extend my arm enough through either to reach the nuts. Lucky for me, I had the dealer move my headunit from the lower deck wall to the upper deck wall last season. I popped my headunit off and the cleat was right there. The nuts are HUGE, I needed a 1 1/4 socket to tighten them.

Good Luck!

Ok…so good news for me, probably not for you. I popped off both of my cup holders, I just wasn’t able to extend my arm enough through either to reach the nuts. Lucky for me, I had the dealer move my headunit from the lower deck wall to the upper deck wall last season. I popped my headunit off and the cleat was right there. The nuts are HUGE, I needed a 1 1/4 socket to tighten them.

Good Luck!
Yup...they are BIG nuts!!! I had to go buy the socket special as it was WAY bigger than anything I had.

I have a loose drivers' aft cleat on my 2018 SX240, has anyone figured out a way to tighten this one? I tried going in from underneath the starboard bench seat (pic 1) and starboard aft storage locker (pic 2), both seem pretty well sealed up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    744.9 KB · Views: 22
I have a loose drivers' aft cleat on my 2018 SX240, has anyone figured out a way to tighten this one? I tried going in from underneath the starboard bench seat (pic 1) and starboard aft storage locker (pic 2), both seem pretty well sealed up. Any ideas?

You probably need to remove your clean out tray, move the clean out tubes and go in from there.

Or…new project. Add speakers to your swim platform. You’ll be able to access both cleats by removing the speakers anytime this happens in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You probably need to remove your clean out tray, move the clean out tubes and go in from there.

Or…new project. Add speakers to your swim platform. You’ll be able to access both cleats by removing the speakers anytime this happens in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone had success getting to them from the cleanout tray? I read in a few other threads that it's still a tough reach, but it was unclear if those folks replying had my same boat length/hull design. The speaker idea would be a last resort...

Back