• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Loose midship cleat

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever have this issue? I was cleaning the boat Sunday and noticed the cleat in the middle on the passenger side is loose. I tried looking around the back of the cleat but it looks like it is sealed up pretty well.

I'm guessing the only way to get to it will be through the back, but I wanted to make sure you guys didn't have any tips first.

The good news is that all of the other cleats feel rock solid and we really don't use this one much at all anyways

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Don't pay any attention to the kids screaming in the background, they were just having fun. If I waited for them to be quiet I wouldn't be able to get a video until they are grown up and moved out of the house. ;)

Last edited:
Yup...somewhat common problem with the cleats. You need to get in behind it with a monster socket and tighten it up - and loctite it while you are in there. You might need to bribe one of those screaming background kids to help you!

There are two ways to get the port/passenger mid-cleat. One, climb in the aft port storage, remove the forward small outboard panel, and look up and forward for the cleat nuts. Two, remove the aft wall of the head compartment the cleat nuts are about 2 feet back. Method two is the easiest but even I at 5' 11" can get in the port storage area, getting out is a little tricky.

There are two ways to get the port/passenger mid-cleat. One, climb in the aft port storage, remove the forward small outboard panel, and look up and forward for the cleat nuts. Two, remove the aft wall of the head compartment the cleat nuts are about 2 feet back. Method two is the easiest but even I at 5' 11" can get in the port storage area, getting out is a little tricky.

That is the info I was looking for. I couldn't figure out the best way to access the bolts.

Thank you!

Same here... I actually have 3 nuts that fell off... they have been sitting in a cup holder for weeks. I still got one tight nut on each of 3 cleats... LOL thats what she said!

We tie up every weekend with others, I wonder if this has something to do with it??

You can access that one by taking the LH wall off the cubby. Cam.

Hey All... Well I tightened up all my cleats but the one by the drivers seats, couldn't figure out how to reach it. The other 5 were all really loose, and almost fallen off.

Well.... Yesterday, the one cleat I couldn't get to, the drivers cleat, pulled right out. Thank goodness it waited to the ramp at the end of the day, it could have been worse, and fallen off while underway.

So... Any tips to get to the drivers side seat cleat?

Thanks...

Hey All... Well I tightened up all my cleats but the one by the drivers seats, couldn't figure out how to reach it. The other 5 were all really loose, and almost fallen off.

Well.... Yesterday, the one cleat I couldn't get to, the drivers cleat, pulled right out. Thank goodness it waited to the ramp at the end of the day, it could have been worse, and fallen off while underway.

So... Any tips to get to the drivers side seat cleat?

Thanks...
If you don't have a small person that can fit into the helm compartment then the only other way to get to nuts on the cleat is by removing the throttle assembly. Even with removing the throttles it is still a PITA to get to and obviously you have to work blind.

Don't forget the blue or red locktite or you / your minion may be back in there again before too long.

Back