• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

LOST THREAD!!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Does anyone remember a thread on here quite a while ago pertaining to whether it would make a difference in how fast a boat sinks if the compartment plugs were in or out?? I did a search and can't find it.. just wanted to go look at it again, as I recall there was some pretty entertaining debate on the subject.

I must admit, I really just wanted to bump it up to the top, I figured we have new members who could have untapped insight....:devilhorns:

I feel kinda bad about starting that thread. I had thought it was a simple question, and had no idea it would get so heated. I know I for one keep my compartment plugs out all the time, and we leave the boat in the water all summer. Maybe I'm just lucky....

WOW! I just read through it. That got pretty rough!

That was the best thread to date on the forum, in my opinion....it was FANTASTIC!!!!

I only worry about one plug, the one that separates outside the hull from inside the hull....:winkingthumbsup"

We have a bunch of engineers on here, as well as other very analytical guys. One question you should ask yourself is this...Why would Yamaha put holes in all those compartments? The second question would be this...If it didn't matter that all in the compartments had holes, why would Yamaha add plugs to the holes? And a final question...do you think there is any reason for "plugs" when the boat is out of the water? Maybe that will add a little deeper analysis to the thought process. Hope so.

We have a bunch of engineers on here, as well as other very analytical guys. One question you should ask yourself is this...Why would Yamaha put holes in all those compartments? The second question would be this...If it didn't matter that all in the compartments had holes, why would Yamaha add plugs to the holes? And a final question...do you think there is any reason for "plugs" when the boat is out of the water? Maybe that will add a little deeper analysis to the thought process. Hope so.

I don't know if I have enough fingers for all those holes!! :jawdrop:

Back