• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Made the leap - new 2015 AR240 owner

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally made the leap into the Jet boat world and took delivery of my first AR240.

Coming from an 18 foot Glastron GT185 this new yammie is HUGE, but so needed now our family has expanded since the first boat.

Back in 2008 or 2009 I first started getting interested in these jet boats, just 2 years into owning my Glastron, but I knew the wife wouldn't go for it until we actually needed something bigger.

A lot of credit goes to the amazing boat forums, both over the course of time since I first started following, and I've been following for quite some time now. Thanks to all who have contributed to these forums over time as the wealth of knowledge and experience available online has made my choice easy. Funny part is during my delivery today there wasn't one thing the test driver told me that I didn't already know about the boat that I hadn't learned from these forums. :)

I expect to be overwhelmed a few times as I settle into a new routine with a bigger and better boat, but oh man let me tell you I'm going to enjoy every last second. The smiles on my kids faces when they saw me pull up......priceless.

We think we already have a name for our new boat...."The Family Jet".

See ya on the water!!!

Attachments

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome !!:Welcome:
KILLER Boat name !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Incredible choice of boats - I can promise you that you have no idea what a great decision you have made ........ And every time you take her out, you'll be proudly reminded. The 2015 24-footers are simply INCREDIBLE !
Let us know how we can assist you further in exploring new ways to blow that stash of cash, you put away for a rainy day, on new MUST HAVES for the Family Jet !
Take care and great boating, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Oh yeah .............
NEW BOAT - X1 Edward and Family Jet.jpg

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. The family will just love that new boat.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat!:Welcome:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! Beautiful boat you got there!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally made the leap into the Jet boat world and took delivery of my first AR240.

Coming from an 18 foot Glastron GT185 this new yammie is HUGE, but so needed now our family has expanded since the first boat.

Back in 2008 or 2009 I first started getting interested in these jet boats, just 2 years into owning my Glastron, but I knew the wife wouldn't go for it until we actually needed something bigger.

A lot of credit goes to the amazing boat forums, both over the course of time since I first started following, and I've been following for quite some time now. Thanks to all who have contributed to these forums over time as the wealth of knowledge and experience available online has made my choice easy. Funny part is during my delivery today there wasn't one thing the test driver told me that I didn't already know about the boat that I hadn't learned from these forums. :)

I expect to be overwhelmed a few times as I settle into a new routine with a bigger and better boat, but oh man let me tell you I'm going to enjoy every last second. The smiles on my kids faces when they saw me pull up......priceless.

We think we already have a name for our new boat...."The Family Jet".

See ya on the water!!!
Great choice Edward! That's the one that I want to buy. When you get a chance, would you mind sharing your location and some of the add-on accessories you've invested in for your new boat?
Thanks for sharing.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Welcome. And I echo @MrMoose encouraging you to add your location. This group loves pictures, problems to solve, and easier ways to find each other on the water - your location is part of that equation :).

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only add ons are coast guard kit, premium deluxe cover and rear cushions. The rear cushions are on order from the dealer so it's quite possible their from JetBoatPilot.

I am in the Dallas area and usually boat at Lavon (yea it's full again) or Ray Roberts. We usually take trips to lake Murray and Broken Bow as well during the summer. Also use to go down to Richland Chambers but haven't in a few years as it's been pretty low but with recen rain it's creeping back up.

Was able to take advantage of the 2.99 finance rate and literally made the decision to move into a jet boat on Monday. It's been a fast week since the 2.99 expired at the beginning of the month.

I went through Phil Dill Boats. I didn't get the best deal, but I didn't get worst deal either. I got a fair deal and I'm okay with that as we've been talking to the same sales guy since 2010 every year telling him maybe this was the year. Well this year, it was!! They are a great dealership to deal with and have always had positive experiences.

Thanks for the welcomes and glad to finally be aboard!!!

T0jo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats welcome to the boat family! I recently bought the same one we will be learning and breaking in the same boat this summer. Congrats again looking forward to a warm summer on the lake

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new toy!!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations. May you and yours enjoy it in good health. If you have half as much family fun as we have had over the years, you will glad you made the leap. :cool:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Edward -- Congratulations on the new boat! She is beautiful! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Welcome to the party here at jetboaters.net, also.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Edward. Also, congrats on the new boat!