• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Measurement of area on left side of swim platform

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hey all --

Anyone home with their 230 boat today? I have the opportunity to use the laser cutter at work today -- and I forgot to measure the side of the area on the Back -- bottom left side of the boat last night.

I was going to cut some letters from Vinyl today (If I get the measurements) to add my name to the boat.

I am looking for length (Arc length) and height of that area to add a decal -- Note -- I do not have speakers -- so it could go all the way to the Clean out port hatch -- this was just an easy photo to show what I was looking for -- If you could post a picture outlining what area you measures, that would be great.

If no one gets to it, no worries --

Thanks!

cap.JPG

Sorry...boatless here now...but those are 4" Fusion speakers....which when I looked up the grill size says 5 7/8", so you could approximate off that....(please confirm the grill size I looked up)

Sorry...boatless here now...but those are 4" Fusion speakers....which when I looked up the grill size says 5 7/8", so you could approximate off that....(please confirm the grill size I looked up)
And the beer bottle is 2 1/4 inches. If you left the rest of your beers up there @Julian, we'd have the answer..:)

Will the measurement of an '08 help?

The half way point is 40" The height is 6"

Half way being the center of the clean out hatch and the grab handle.

No problem....hope it helps.

I can get a measurement on an 05 in an hour or so!

If it isn't too late!

Top = 20.5"
Bottom = 22.5"
Left Vertical = 8"
Right Vertical - 6.5"

Here is pic of area measured:
20160527_122328.jpg

Perfect- that is amazing! Name being cut as we speak. I love this forum. Thanks @Scuba_ref

Also- those measurements are almost exact to what we discovered with the speaker reference and Google sketch. Pretty amazing software. I may play around with the sizes of each letter to play with that slope a bit.

Here is the proof of the decal. "Bennie" and the jets. image.jpeg

Love the name!

The measurements were perfect. I have to wait until it is dry to actually apply these, but you get the idea. Thanks everyone for the help.
image.jpeg

Back