• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to Italy

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
C060D1FE-81D5-448B-9D24-37AF52AA12B5.jpeg BFBED05C-B143-4FEE-8C64-93027C2B8802.jpeg The time Has come again for another move, we got an assignment to Italy, Northern Italy about 30 miles from Venice, Aviano Air Base.
We have sold our house in the San Antonio area, wife and kids are in Maine visiting her family, I towed my camper to Arkansas to be stored at my Dad’s house, drove back to SA to get the boat and towed it to Arkansas. My brother bought my truck from me and is keeping my boat while we are gone. I just watched him drive off with it going to his house, he lives in Whitesboro, TX near Texoma, I told him he should join the site and maybe meet up with some Texoma people.

We went out one last time to DeGray Lake here in AR, it was my mom’s 72nd B-Day, and she rode the tube!

I told them I would come back once a year or so to visit my boat and maybe see family if they happen to be around:-)

Thank you for your service. Awesome pictures

Oh, when we were about to launch the boat an AR 190/192 was in the water and “beached” on the ramp! Like came in hot and skidded up onto the ramp, he had a keel shield but geez, it took him quite a bit of effort to push it back in the water. He acted like he does it all the time.

How long's your rotation to Italy? Should be a nice tour. Keep up with the forum.

View attachment 78485 View attachment 78486 The time Has come again for another move, we got an assignment to Italy, Northern Italy about 30 miles from Venice, Aviano Air Base.
We have sold our house in the San Antonio area, wife and kids are in Maine visiting her family, I towed my camper to Arkansas to be stored at my Dad’s house, drove back to SA to get the boat and towed it to Arkansas. My brother bought my truck from me and is keeping my boat while we are gone. I just watched him drive off with it going to his house, he lives in Whitesboro, TX near Texoma, I told him he should join the site and maybe meet up with some Texoma people.

We went out one last time to DeGray Lake here in AR, it was my mom’s 72nd B-Day, and she rode the tube!

I told them I would come back once a year or so to visit my boat and maybe see family if they happen to be around:)

Thank you for your service and don't be a stranger....we'd love to see pics of Italy!

How long's your rotation to Italy? Should be a nice tour. Keep up with the forum.
3 years.
I will still frequent the forum, even if I sold the boat I think I’d still stay on here:-)

I’ve been there before for about 5 months, but I was
Single and it was 18 years ago, I’m excited to be there as a family.

I’m retired Air Force, my wife is Active and got the assignment, so really I’m going there as a retired dependent!

Back