• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My mods...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I figured I would start a thread to chronicle what I plan on doing and have done on my 212X.

List of things I want to do:

Boat:
Stereo upgrade, add 2 speakers and amplifiers - DONE
Upgrade wake board racks to wake/surf racks - Returned looking for an alternate set
Upgrade Ballast to be remote selectable on the dash from wake to surf and vent the surf side bag. - Ordered/In Process
Install tow valves on the motors, accessed through the rear access port. - Ordered
Install custom Sea Deck mats from JBP - DONE
Purchase and install a Wake Wedge for surfing
Passenger captains chair for a 212SS for our next years Bimini Trip
Camper Canvas enclosure for bad weather and winter fishing
Purchase and Install a depth finder/chart plotter along with a thru hull transducer (brand to be determined)
Install Perco rod holders - In Process
Install a refrigerator
Install a VHF
Build a custom rod and antenna holders that will bolt on in place of the wake board racks for the Bimini trip
Purchase and install JBP rear swim deck cushions
Upgrade deck drain scupper to the metal version
Upgrade the hull drain to the metal version

Trailer:
Boat Buckles - DONE
60" Boat guides with covers - DONE
Stoltz Bow Roller - DONE
JBN Tire Cover - DONE

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Boom..... And that's how you do an upgrade list!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK, after hearing the news of this years Bimini crossing it got me to thinking about a few things. I am thinking about redoing my factory bilge pump, wire it to my battery switch so when ever I turn the batteries on, it is on then taking the existing bilge switch leads and adding a second bilge in the rear, probably a 2500GPH unit with no float etc, just the on off switch on the dash. Since the Rule units are magnetic driven, they can run for many hours dry without damage so my thought is if I where to take water over the bow etc. I could turn that pump on and let it run till things settle down etc. No frills just a back up emergency type pump.

After this past weekend we had a lot of rain and a lot more water made it to the bilge than I would like so I did some investigating and will be replacing the seals around the fuel hatch and ski locker, taking my time to cut them at 45° angles and bond them so it is a continuous seal rather than the 2" to 3" gaps the factory left. I will also be pulling all of the cleats and hand rails on the bow and bedding them in with 3M 4200 so they are properly sealed (plus my hand rails are loose so it will be a better permanent fix). I may tackle pulling the tower loose and bedding it as well but I do not want to get too carried away as cup holders, cushions etc all will leak to a degree and allow water in which will find it's way to the bilge as it should but it should be a lot less since I think the majority entered through the poorly sealed hatches. I was watching a good strong downpour for an hour or two happen an the pump would come on once or twice for a few seconds while it was moored. Once on the boat, if I walked to the rear swim deck, the pump would come on and pump for at least a minute or so. I also recommend all of you to get your boat on a good steep incline and flood your bilge from the bow down. I have pulled out 2 hand full of fiberglass cutouts and metal shavings so far. These are the sort of things that will make a pump fail.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well another addition to my boating "must haves" tool of sorts is a Shurhold expandable handle and brush. The nice thing (they are a bit pricey) is it collapses small (34" to 72") so it is easy to store and you can get many different heads for it. I currently have a gaff for the Bimini trip next year, a boat hook and the most important item is a soft deck brush for general cleaning. I think the dip net head will be next on the order list for winter fishing here.

image.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Attachments