• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 190 FSH SPORT...

Paul N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did the water test at dealership and all was great....After outfitting the boat with all the goodies i have on hand at the moment...i thought i would do a post trip washout....the book say about 20 seconds before water normally comes out of the cooling water outlet....but after 45 seconds...still nothing....so i shut her down...water is flowing and coming out rear and exhaust port...i know this might be a dealer question..but also thought it was a good way to introduce myself and make a new friend or two....any advice shared would be appreaciated....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat. First of all, NEVER EVER run the hose on the engine if the engine isn't running. Always:
  1. Start engine
  2. Start water flow
  3. Stop water flow
  4. Stop engine
Your dealer should have told you this! This is because water can back up in the exhaust manifold and enter the engine (which is a bad thing). That said, I've never heard of anyone actually accomplishing this on a hose....it is mostly a concern when towing the boat with a non-running engine (don't tow a jet boat over no wake mode unless you have clamped off the intake line).

On to your question about the pee holes....unless your hose has some serious power, you won't get water out of the pee holes while running on the hose. The fact that you didn't also helps your case in very likely not having water in the engine!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Paul N glad to have you on board, congratulations on the new boat, I agree with Julian, it's hard to get the holes working on the hose,

Update your profile with your location so we know where you are, there have been a few threads lately about the FSH and having water run in the lower compartments getting everything wet so you may do a search for the topic, also check out the FAQ for lots of good info,

Paul N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Paul N glad to have you on board, congratulations on the new boat, I agree with Julian, it's hard to get the holes working on the hose,

Update your profile with your location so we know where you are, there have been a few threads lately about the FSH and having water run in the lower compartments getting everything wet so you may do a search for the topic, also check out the FAQ for lots of good info,
Thx all....I'm good on the instructions from book and dealer and there were no issues there....and sensible enough to shut her down after 45...so all is good there...i am using a long hose and have good municiple pressure...so ill park next to the fawcet tommorrow and try again...thx for the reply......and will update profile...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Paul N Welcome aboard!! :Welcome: I was waiting to pick up my 2016 Yamaha FX SVHO and I was taking a look at the FSH Sport. Nice looking boat!! Maybe I will see you on the St. Johns' River, we have some boating buddies that live near you..

Paul N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well...this is what i found...finally after reading various outlets...i went back to square 1. My municipal flow is just under 5 gallons a minute...yet during my 45 second run..very little came out of the exhaust...thinking there should have been more i examined the flush supply line and found it in a roller coaster path..at the bottom of one of these dips was a clear restriction...not quite a kink in the hose...but none the less a restriction. After straighenin the hose out and now with about a foot of extra hose i said to myself !"self" why not pull the extra hose down and shorten it to the y. Upon trying this it wouldn't budge. It was ran behind the electronic box and as tight as it was i thought hey..another restriction. So with the wifes help we loosened the four bolts holding the electronics package on and rerouted and secured the line.....the boat now pees like a newborn baby with the flush kit attached...thx to all who had the patiece to listen and respond.