• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 AR240

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just took delivery of my brand new boat and couldn’t be more excited!!!! Already purchased JL tower speaker sub and amp hopefully get to install this week. Looking for tips/suggestions on amp placement and also where are you supposed to connect RCA’s?

Attachments

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
RCA’s are behind the helm and easy to access. I put my amp against the engine bay wall in the starboard cooler/storage compartment for a shorter power wire run plus my sub was installed into that compartment also.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!

Yamaha tends to switch up their amps every couple of years, so your results will vary if a member with a different year gives you super specific info on them. I'm NOT saying that @JWExperience is wrong, but I do know that in 2017 on the higher end models they switch to Wetsounds OEM model amps that have no RCA outputs. This thread will describe what I'm talking about (but again...this is an X model discussion, not sure what they installed in the AR240)

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome boat! Congrats. Got any other future mods planned?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome boat! Congrats. Got any other future mods planned?
Thank you! I think I’ll be doing the whole boat in sea dek just have to find the right color and place to buy.

Tommyboy5050

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size bow roller is on your trailer that came with your AR240? 3 inch or 4? I just ordered one and want to make sure I have the new roller on hand when I pick it up.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! She’s a beaut!! I’ve had my AR210 for less than a week and had er in the water 3 times already. Enjoy!

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size bow roller is on your trailer that came with your AR240? 3 inch or 4? I just ordered one and want to make sure I have the new roller on hand when I pick it up.
I’m not 100% sure I couldn’t give you a definite answer till Friday when I head down to the shore

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just took delivery of my brand new boat and couldn’t be more excited!!!! Already purchased JL tower speaker sub and amp hopefully get to install this week. Looking for tips/suggestions on amp placement and also where are you supposed to connect RCA’s?
Just about done with the upgrade on my new AR240, Yamaha cut the RCAs and capped them at the head unit, which is the radio on the swim deck, got to buy a new harness and you should be food to go, it confused me for awhile because so didn’t take a good enough look the first time and thought those capped RCAs were plugged in, I just didn’t pull them out far enough.

Hmiller99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Msenz can you share details on what all you bought and the installation process? I also have a 2020 AR240 and wanting to upgrade speakers just not sure where to start.

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Msenz can you share details on what all you bought and the installation process? I also have a 2020 AR240 and wanting to upgrade speakers just not sure where to start.
[/QUOTE

I wound up getting 2 jp audio m6 770etx 1 m6 10w subwoofer and to power it up I went with m500/3. The sound is crisp not to over powering but sounds great when I’m anchored up at the sandbar. Eventually I’m goin to add 2 more interior speakers near the driver and passenger.

the installation process wasn’t too difficult for the tower speakers I fished the wires thru the tower tube and was able to use holes that were already there to get wire under the seat compartment. I used some pretty thick wire which made it difficult so watch wat you use. I ran everything to behind the helm where I mounted a cutting board and screwed the map and a distribution block to it. (Stole that from another person on this site can’t remember who) I ran my power wires underneath the floor where the gas tank sits and I ran 1awg wire Incase I want to add some more power later. RCA go right into the head unit on the swim deck but I did have to order the wire harness for it cuz Yamaha clipped off wat wasn’t being used