• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New appreciation for not creating large waves next to Docked boats on the river

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, on Sunday night, one of my friends had a party at his river house. It was a great party with hundreds of people passing through, including many by sea. @Wake08 , @RxH2O, and I were a few that were there. When I got there, both of them were already docked. I pulled along side @RxH2O and proceeded to the party. Never before have I noticed how incredibly close boater come to the docks. There were many boats that came within 3 feet of my boat (even though they had the entire river). You can imagine the wake the boat left and how much rocking our boats did. The good news is our towers never touched and seem to be positioned just right to avoid that. However, when I was leaving, we notice that both @RxH2O and I had damage on our hulls. the picture below does not show how bad it really is and I know his is as well. Ugg!

20160704_103623[1].jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Coming within 3 feet is CRAZY!!!! I think I would be doing something to encourage them to move out a little further....like sit there with a shotgun! LOL

Guess those who use the kids bouncy balls as fenders would be fine in that setting....but even then they might get rolled up out from the gap? I'm amazed your towers didn't touch but your hulls did!

Guess you have some gelcoat repairing in your future.....bummer :mad:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Around here not only are the boats passing too close, half of them are wake boats with a couple thousand pounds of ballast plowing at 8-10 mph....many of which don't even have surfers behind them! Oh, and heaven forbid they drop a surfer because then it's a full thottle turn. I freaking hate those morons.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of the restaraunts around here does a good job of getting boaters/jetskiiers to slow down by announcing over their PA system that, this is a no wake zone, you are responsible for any and all damage your wake causes, your cf numbers have been noted and the sheriffs office/river patrol has been or will be contacted." What they say depends on how flagrant the violation is but everyone in the area slows down if they are creating any wake at all.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gosh, that sucks! Hate when people do that, especially when there is plenty of room.

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mother Truckers !!! Cant stand those type of ppl. A few weeks ago we were docked at a local restaurant and I just happened to go down to show a friend the boat and some mother trucker had just flew by in his 30 plus ft boat leaving a wake that rocked every boat in sight. As I walked up, the boat was slamming against one of the dock posts. I was able to grab the boat to try and settle it down but it left some pretty nice spider cracks right above the rub rail. Luckily, our boats are some what forgiving or it could have been much worse. People really need to pay more attention and have some common courtesy of other ppl's stuff. I agree with @Julian and we should be able to sit out there with a shotgun and fire at will.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ugh. That sucks. I feel your pain!
I use the Exile big black bouncy balls religiously - and they've worked as advertised. Up until this weekend.
Yesterday we meet up with friends and tie up to a 5 boat floatilla - nothing out of the ordinary. I tell the kids to blow up the balls - and the wifey says "no - we don't need them today". Obviously, she's in a hurry to get in the water with her girl pals.
Well - after this big f'n roller comes thru, I hear my boat and my buddies boat clank. Look over the side - and yep. 2 screws on his rub rail left 2 scratches above my rub rail. MOTHER F-CKER!!!!!
It bummed me out for the rest of the day. Can't get my mind around it either. Filled the scratches in with glossy nail polish - but I can still see it.
Called up a local gel coat guy, sent him a picture - he tells me $500. $500 for 2 scrathes/gouges that are each 2" long. :(

Big black balls will go over the side no matter what!!!!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jesus, guys, I feel your pain. I think it would take me a week to calm down!
One thought comes to mind: I have a flare gun on board...

("But officer, I was just trying to signal that my boat was in distress - I just aimed wrong!)

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jesus, guys, I feel your pain. I think it would take me a week to calm down!
One thought comes to mind: I have a flare gun on board...

("But officer, I was just trying to signal that my boat was in distress - I just aimed wrong!)
I think a Ma Deuce would be better. .50 Cal

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
yea it happened to me ... we were rafted and this stupid ass wake boat threw some big waves causing the boat to rock so much.... caused damage similar to what is shown. @Bill D can attest to it... terrible

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what's wrong with people? Why is common sense so difficult for some to grasp?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think more issues are caused by alcohol, not the common sense missing.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think more issues are caused by alcohol, not the common sense missing.
Then there are a lot of drunk boaters. But I still believe there are just a bunch of A-holes out there.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to hear, there are a lot of idiots in this world who only think of themselves. Here is a story that you would never even think was possible. Years ago we were up at Lake Powell (HUGE LAKE), we were anchored in a cove relaxing and all the sudden we see about 15 canoes come around the corner piloted by a Girl Scout Troop, I see this one Canoe coming dangerously close to my SX230, I told the girl "You better not hit my boat", the next thing I hear is the crash, the metal front end of the canoe bow hit the side of my boat, left a 2-3" gash clear into the gel coat. She never said a word, just paddled away. I was so mad, but cool heads prevail and I let it go, the repair was not cheap.