• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member from PA.

MotoTundra

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hey all,

After owning and loving my first boat for 3 years, we decided we need to go with something bigger. I'll be lurking here for information on jet boats between 18'-20', something we can fit more people on. I had a great experience with my SeaDoo, but I am considering a Yamaha AR195 for the next one. I would prefer to buy something gently used, but much like when I was looking for my SeaDoo, it is hard to find the right one. I may go with a new one this time. I'll be looking around here trying to get all the info I can.

Here is the old boat, she was flawless, just need something with some more seating capacity.
Sportster SCIC.jpg

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome, and good luck with the search... It is the best time to start shopping coming into the tail end of boating season; whether you go new or used you should be able to get a good deal. It might be hard to find the 195 pre-owned since it has only been out for its first full year after replacing the 192's. But there is always that chance someone went too small and is looking to buy their second boat as well!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome! I'd also consider a late model 21' boat..you can never have too much room, and there are a lot more of them in circulation and you could find a good deal on one as winter approaches.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, that's a great looking little boat,

How many people do you plan to normally have with you on the boat?

whatever you choose to buy make sure you test drive it first to be sure it meets your expectations,

MotoTundra

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Welcome, and good luck with the search... It is the best time to start shopping coming into the tail end of boating season; whether you go new or used you should be able to get a good deal. It might be hard to find the 195 pre-owned since it has only been out for its first full year after replacing the 192's. But there is always that chance someone went too small and is looking to buy their second boat as well!
Agreed. I won't be upset to skip a season or two to fatten up the piggy bank while looking.

Welcome! I'd also consider a late model 21' boat..you can never have too much room, and there are a lot more of them in circulation and you could find a good deal on one as winter approaches.
Agreed, I should have went bigger from the start. I hope to keep the boat in a garage though, and 20' and under will fit the best. If I find a good deal on something used but 21' I would consider keeping it outside. If I go new I feel obligated to keep it inside haha.

MotoTundra

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, that's a great looking little boat,

How many people do you plan to normally have with you on the boat?

whatever you choose to buy make sure you test drive it first to be sure it meets your expectations,
On the old boat, 2 adults, 2 kids. If we want to be on the tube with one of the little ones we won't have a spotter that's of age. On our next boat I would expect us to have 4 adults and 2 kids. I agree, a test ride is a must.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @MotoTundra and good luck with your search for your next boat.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome - also from PA

Unless you get a 212x or 212ss, you may be dissapointed with the 21 performance. The 195 will probably be a decent comparison and a 230/240 will give you a lot of room/power but you have to think if you want that big of a boat (storage, trailer, etc)

MotoTundra

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Welcome - also from PA

Unless you get a 212x or 212ss, you may be dissapointed with the 21 performance. The 195 will probably be a decent comparison and a 230/240 will give you a lot of room/power but you have to think if you want that big of a boat (storage, trailer, etc)
Thanks for the info! For storage I think something in the 18'-20' range will be best. Also I will be towing the boat to the water everytime, so it would be more convenient overall. Even a 180 Challenger would do, but I think the AR 195 would be perfect. It will probably come down to finding the right used one that fits the bill or waiting a season or two and buying new. I like the new engine in the 195 though!