• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New pet peeve...

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We go to the boat swim area to hang out a while. Then someone anchors 20' off out port bow. While I was not mad about it persay, I just did not understand why? There was plenty of room for everyone to have there space. I was anchored pretty tight to shore. They were not overly friendly, short of staring at us, there was no conversation wave high anything. I think if we were not already about ready to leave, I'd of been aggravated over it. I'm sure it happens more than I realize, but it was a first for me.

That aside..yesterday was the first day we got the boat out on the lake. Beautiful day, water was a little cool but better than I expected. The boat ran as it should, and I was happy there were not any issues. It was the first time with our German Shepherd pup, and she did pretty good to. Worked out to be a good first outing overall.

Yeah we get some of that "this is our cove what are doing here" kinda stuff sometimes. Stupid people..lol

Everyone wants to be seen near a Yammi... <sigh>

I'm wondering if the guy was a new boater and just wasn't thinking. I would have payed out a little more anchor line to give me more space. We have a fair amount of that on Cape Cod during the summer months. It's not "new boater syndrome" It's "vacationer syndrome" meaning get out of my way, I only have a week to enjoy myself so the hell with courtesy, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

That's what really loud bad music and kids on jet skis are for!

When you see 'em coming you send the kids out on the jet skis and fire up the music. Hey, it's only right that you let any visitors know in advance what they will be in for if they beach or anchor nearby, isn't it? Our kids do get crazy on the skis and our taste in music can be questionable at times....jus' sayin'.

They'll turn around and head elsewhere unless they are gluttons for punishment.

We had a lovely cove on Shasta to ourselves for a week thanks to this technique. :cool:

Probably a new boater... I can't believe how much wrongheaded boating I've seen the last two weekends, but the weather finally got nice here and all three times the situation was bad enough or dangerous enough for me to say something they were new boaters. It's like the first day of gun season... LOOK OUT! LOL.

I just stopped pointing out the things that would get people a ticket this year (in an effort to help them out, like towing kids through the swim area) after seeing the same thing 5 times in two hours LOL. I guess the water patrol is there for something...

And yes, bikini's are lake magnets :) Only works for me if they're on a good unit ahahaha. :p

It did not appear they were new boaters. The had a 18' or less Stingray with some age on it, ugly little dog, and well I'll stop there and not comment on the crew aboard. As we were leaving, I looked back and it kind of appeared they tucked back in a little tighter to the spot we left. So maybe it was a case of "we were in their spot". It was bizarre. So close and not even say a word, a wave, a smile.... just invade your, space, sit on the back of their boat, and stare.

It's a strange mentality, when our car was new we really treasured it. At any car park we would park way out of the way so people didn't have to open there doors into our glimmering new motor. Get back, what do you know, somebody right next to it :confused::mad:.

It did not appear they were new boaters. The had a 18' or less Stingray with some age on it, ugly little dog, and well I'll stop there and not comment on the crew aboard. As we were leaving, I looked back and it kind of appeared they tucked back in a little tighter to the spot we left. So maybe it was a case of "we were in their spot". It was bizarre. So close and not even say a word, a wave, a smile.... just invade your, space, sit on the back of their boat, and stare.
I always say hi. Awkwardly so even. It forces them to realize that they're being an ass. Most people hate it when they have to admit to themselves that they're being mean to an obviously nice person. Makes them feel like the A-Holes that they are.

Yes, love outclassing a-holes. Makes them madder later and it's good cya in case you are wrong.

My wife and I used to experience this all the time sunbathing on the outer banks. We would head south from VA Beach down the road to the outer banks. You could park any where and hike over the sand dunes and lay out on the beach. We would find the most deserted section of beach and pull over, take our towels and cooler out and layout. It would never fail within an hour some jackass family would park, grab all their crap, and kids and plop down about 50yards from us! It was amazing. I'm talking atleast a mile of desolate beach! You can't see a soul in any direction and they would sit right next to us!!! Just about every time this would happen. So then we started parking, then hiking about 1/8 mile north or south, then find a big deserted sand dune and actually layout on the sand dune.

It's some kind of mob mentality in humans or something....

I like how some boaters feel they have their spot on a public body of water. We switch out tubing/wakeboarding all the time and we happened to be tubing early on a Sunday. We were switching out riders when a wakeboat came over...they said hi and we said hi and then then proceed to say "we were really hoping to get some smooth water today and can you guys go somewhere else". I said us too, we'll be done in 45 min or so. The lake was empty when we arrived.

This has been our running joke for years when people get around us "we were really hoping to get some smooth water today and can you guys go somewhere else".

We had some people ask us to go somewhere else on Memorial Day weekend! I said, dude! it's Memorial Day weekend.

Reactions: 007
Next time , lock the GoPro directly on them !!

Not quite as bad, but we were surfing on Sunday. Flag up (Missouri Rules) as we had just gotten the rider out of the water who was standing on the back deck handing the board to the next rider. Up snuggles a fishing boat about 25 yards off our stern, where we had been at all morning, and drops his trolling motor. There is a 1/2 mile of bank either side of us with no interruptions, all state park. I shouted over and said "Hey guy's, we are about to create a huge wake!" To my surprise the guy was pretty cool about it and replied no problem, they'd be leaving soon. It wasn't the end of the world, I gave him a little space but stayed close to where I was and we surfed for about 30 more minutes. Every time I'd come around the circle I'd watch them bob up and down. That must have been one heck of a fishing hole there!

I like how some boaters feel they have their spot on a public body of water. We switch out tubing/wakeboarding all the time and we happened to be tubing early on a Sunday. We were switching out riders when a wakeboat came over...they said hi and we said hi and then then proceed to say "we were really hoping to get some smooth water today and can you guys go somewhere else". I said us too, we'll be done in 45 min or so. The lake was empty when we arrived.

This has been our running joke for years when people get around us "we were really hoping to get some smooth water today and can you guys go somewhere else".

We had some people ask us to go somewhere else on Memorial Day weekend! I said, dude! it's Memorial Day weekend.

Wow... I think you handled that one better than I would of.

That's what really loud bad music and kids on jet skis are for!

When you see 'em coming you send the kids out on the jet skis and fire up the music. Hey, it's only right that you let any visitors know in advance what they will be in for if they beach or anchor nearby, isn't it? Our kids do get crazy on the skis and our taste in music can be questionable at times....jus' sayin'.

They'll turn around and head elsewhere unless they are gluttons for punishment.

We had a lovely cove on Shasta to ourselves for a week thanks to this technique. :cool:

You devil you. . . .

Back