• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New project, 13' tunnel hull

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I scored a free boat from my uncle. It's a sst-13 and rated for 85hp! I'm looking at a 60hp 2 stroke merc that should push it pretty fast. Also have a lead on a 75hp, but it's a long shaft. I'll probably use a foot throttle and mount trim switches on the steering wheel. It has decent seats and will hold a passenger behind the driver. Anybody know anything about boats like this?IMG951277.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I know about that boat,

Image result for video of dog with head out the window gif

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like more fun is coming.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I trust your "decent seats" comment was not related to that bucket in the picture.

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That will be a fun project! A 60 Merc sounds just about right.

When I was in junior high I had a 10' 1969 GW Invader, just like this one (but not nearly as nice, pic stolen from someone that spent a lot of time on theirs):

I had the same outboard too, a 28HP Evinrude short shaft. It was a perfect kid boat. It's been sitting under a tarp next to our camp in Maine for the last 20 (ok, closer to 30) years, maybe it's time for a resto!