• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to forum but been researching a while.

Jessijr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello to all I have read many post on here and decided to join. The information is fantastic when I search of a new jet boat. i have always had I/Os but now I have a son that is 2. I know he will want to wakeboard. I am considering a Yamaha ar240.I have done my research I know the advantages safety acceleration and so on. However I was told that it is almost impossible to keep a jet boat at surf speed and even 18 mph wakeboard speed. Are these accusations true? With out the aid of perfect pass of course.....

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have purfect pass and my wife pulled me
No prob wakeboarding , and wakesurfing !!!!! The cruse assist makes it pretty eazy !!!!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just like the previous post , you should rest assured that the AR240 will hold any speed you desire. 18 mph is going to be somewhere between 4500-5000 rpm and it will hold that all day long.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, since you looking at a new boat find a dealer to give you test ride to help you decide,

update your profile with your location and maybe there's a member close by that would offer to give you a demo without the sales pitch,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Each boat has a planing speed and holding a speed that is close to that can be hard, but that isn't a Jet boat issue, but a boat issue. If your desired speed is close to planing speed then buy Perfect pass....it's only 2k...which in the grand scheme isn't much.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do a lot of wakboarding with kids and adults. Our target speed is usually 20mph and when anyone cuts out hard or you make a hard turn it is a bit trying to maintain speed perfectly and also watch the lake in front of you. Surface tricks are ok as long as the rider knows to dig back in. Aerial usually takes care of itself with a natural dig in after the landing. Just riding normal to one side a bit outside of the wake is no issues at all. Kids are easier as they don't weigh as much. Perfect pass will solve that and I am also convinced that trim tabs will help as well. My season is so short that both of those things are on my short list for next spring mods. The other great part about perfect pass is speed will be one less thing for the driver to worry about and therefore a safer ride.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sounds like you found a great boat that will fill your needs. Now.....go buy it so we can help you spend some money!!:Welcome:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and good luck with your purchase. On my boat, there's very little success holding a wakeboard speed without the perfect pass it puts you within .1 or .2 mph of a set speed. I'm not sure about the model you're looking at, but rest assured that a perfect pass should fix that if it's available for your model too.

Jessijr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, since you looking at a new boat find a dealer to give you test ride to help you decide,

update your profile with your location and maybe there's a member close by that would offer to give you a demo without the sales pitch,
Location updated thanks for the welcome.

Jessijr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do a lot of wakboarding with kids and adults. Our target speed is usually 20mph and when anyone cuts out hard or you make a hard turn it is a bit trying to maintain speed perfectly and also watch the lake in front of you. Surface tricks are ok as long as the rider knows to dig back in. Aerial usually takes care of itself with a natural dig in after the landing. Just riding normal to one side a bit outside of the wake is no issues at all. Kids are easier as they don't weigh as much. Perfect pass will solve that and I am also convinced that trim tabs will help as well. My season is so short that both of those things are on my short list for next spring mods. The other great part about perfect pass is speed will be one less thing for the driver to worry about and therefore a safer ride.
This is what I was conerned about but was hoping the 24 foot boat would make the difference. I understand perfect pass is nice and works really well I just wondered if it could be done with out to much headache without it.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
:Welcome: I have a scarab 195 HOI and the cruise mode holds perfect for wakeboarding at 19 mph . Haven't tried surfing yet. With out the cruise mode I noticed ya gotta adjust throttle a bit more than you would on an I/O , but not impossible with a jet .
Good luck on your purchase and post pics when you pull the trigger!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you found us, welcome aboard.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @Jessijr! Always good to see another Hoosier.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jessijr Welcome to the forums. My wife was never ever a boater before we got ours. With very little time at the helm She has no problem maintaining a speed nowadays.