• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me 2015 212SS Owner

agarabaghi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2015 212SS and im keeping it at the lake for a bit to get comfortable driving it and mostly docking it, as it is much different than a the inboard wakeboard boats im use to driving.

Couple questions:

1) How hard is it to find a filler cushion to replace the captains chair of the 212ss to make it look like a 212x? Is it just the base or is there also a back rest cushion?

2) Was the rear non skid done by Sea Dek?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1) Pretty sure there is a back rest that is challenging to do with the glove compartment....but a picture would help...hard for me to recall all the model year layouts!
2) Also a photo would help for us to ID what you have.

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2015 212SS and im keeping it at the lake for a bit to get comfortable driving it and mostly docking it, as it is much different than a the inboard wakeboard boats im use to driving.

Couple questions:

1) How hard is it to find a filler cushion to replace the captains chair of the 212ss to make it look like a 212x? Is it just the base or is there also a back rest cushion?

2) Was the rear non skid done by Sea Dek?
I have a 15' 212SS, see my profile. Yes, the entire rear decking was laid in gray sea dek. As for the seating cushions they are very expensive. You may want to look for a wrecked boat that has the seating you discussed by doing a national search on the web. Just to give you an idea from my experience, the small cushions on the bow corners were $600.00 each from the dealer. I lost one on the freeway from the storage lot to the bay. Congrats on your purchase. Practice manuvers when the launch is empty to eliminate frustartions as you can get way off the mark real fast.

agarabaghi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
found both the seat and backrest for about $500 not to bad, new. looking to see if i can find used if not oh well. Yes the maneuvering is interesting haha. I am so use to driving my ski boat that this is totally different. Getting better. Will snap some pictures soon.

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sounds like a score in my book on the seat and backrest. I added the fins to my jets and it made a night and day difference. The dock I launch from gets winds from the west off the Pacific so, I'm normally fighting to get to the pier. My boat spends 90% of the time in salt water.