• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NMEA 2000/Garmin/Yamaha Connext

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you telling us you are "turned on" ? lol
Ha! I meant it as the universal high level coding value for true, but get what you did there.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was told by a yamaha rep that the DIAGC connection in engine bay is for connecting to nmea.....

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope this is true but at this point have 0 (that's a zero not an "o") faith in anything a Yamaha rep has to say. Hoping he can prove us wrong,

Scott Kell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought a 2022 255FSH. The back side of the Connext have a nmea2000 port. I have it connected to my network but I am not seeing any information on my Simrad go12

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 2022 255FSH. The back side of the Connext have a nmea2000 port. I have it connected to my network but I am not seeing any information on my Simrad go12
Per other threads here Yamaha jet boats are not NMEA compatible for engine information, etc. If something has changed that would be awesome, but I haven't come across it as of yet. Would love to get info right to my garmin.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Per other threads here Yamaha jet boats are not NMEA compatible for engine information, etc. If something has changed that would be awesome, but I haven't come across it as of yet. Would love to get info right to my garmin.
I concur...Connext can display selected NMEA like the Fusion radio, but the rest of their communication system is proprietary.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I concur...Connext can display selected NMEA like the Fusion radio, but the rest of their communication system is proprietary.
For what these boats cost, that kind of sucks.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For what these boats cost, that kind of sucks.
Yeah I don't get why they opted to make their own network when NMEA was already established. Either they want to protect their systems from nosy modders, or they found a way to cut costs doing it this way...maybe both.
:rolleyes:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Zackdadams did a great job with setting up a NEMA backbone on his 252 FSH.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Doesn’t appear he was able to incorporate the connext….

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn't look like he got engine info, water temp, etc. Unless I missed it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Doesn't look like he got engine info, water temp, etc. Unless I missed it.
I do not think he did… my mistake on the connext side of it, but he did tie his Simrad and other devices together.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not think he did… my mistake on the connext side of it, but he did tie his Simrad and other devices together.
Yes I know you can do that. Surprised no one has come up with a way to make it work and get around the Yamaha lockdown.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I know you can do that. Surprised no one has come up with a way to make it work and get around the Yamaha lockdown.
Yes I suppose that would be nice… I could even tie it in to my Solix mfd as it has screens for engines, fuel, etc…

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Originally I was thinking of using my Axiom to connect to the Fusion radio to keep the Connext doing its job, but tried the Fusion app and prefer it. With the app I can be anywhere within 30ft and control the songs, input, volume, etc. I keep a few thousand HQ songs on my phone and also use Amazon Music for alternate choices.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I do know the idea has been pitched internally of a large aftermarket company. The idea would be a box that would convert the info to 2000 standard.