• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

nmea communication error

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just went out for the second trip this year on our 2010 SX240 high output and this error came up and doesn't go away. Everything works as near as I can tell but this error blocks out the small read out in the gauge where I see my fuel etc.... I'm hoping someone else has "recovered" from this error....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've had some communication errors on my boat. What I would do is:
1) check all the fuses (that was the problem with my boat)
2) go behind the helm and access the back of the dashboard, and unplug and reseat all of the plugs you can find back there (in particular the tachs)
3) there is a BCU (boat control unit) - in my boat it is on the back wall under the starboard seat. In your boat in may be in a different spot. Unplug it and reseat the plugs.

Let us know if that helps!

Here is a link to the 4 page thread that has other members issues also:

granitetech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you push the left hand button ( I think) on the gage, it will cancel the error message until you start the engine the next time.