• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noco onboard charger users, I have a question.

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2020 FSH 210, I have installed a Noco GENPRO 2X10 2-bank charger on the 2 factory batteries. One starting, one house. I assume it was pretty straight forward install. Typical hookup, each bank goes to each battery. My problem is after 24 hours of the charger being plugged in the unit is flashing between the red charge indication and the overvoltage trouble light.

Contacted Noco and they don't have any answer other than the batteries are bad and want me to charge other batteries with it before sending it back.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with the FSH and Noco charger?

Thanks!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have it hooked up correctly. I would suggest that you take off all the other connections on the batteries and just put the charger on both of them alone and then try charging again. If you get the same error then it would either be batteries or issue with charger. Otherwise there may be something goofy possibly with the wiring to the batteries.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
2020 FSH 210, I have installed a Noco GENPRO 2X10 2-bank charger on the 2 factory batteries. One starting, one house. I assume it was pretty straight forward install. Typical hookup, each bank goes to each battery. My problem is after 24 hours of the charger being plugged in the unit is flashing between the red charge indication and the overvoltage trouble light.

Contacted Noco and they don't have any answer other than the batteries are bad and want me to charge other batteries with it before sending it back.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with the FSH and Noco charger?

Thanks!
My NOCO works fine… check the fuses to see if they are blown? Make sure you have good contact… make sure it is plugged in all the way… what does your built in volt meters say?

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm heading over to storage tomorrow to tinker with some things getting ready for the season. I will re-check the fuses and connections. I haven't looked at the volt meter on the boat. I will also check that out. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm heading over to storage tomorrow to tinker with some things getting ready for the season. I will re-check the fuses and connections. I haven't looked at the volt meter on the boat. I will also check that out. I'll keep you posted. Thanks
Also snop a picture of your battery. Maybe the FSH have bigger batteries? What charge mode are you in?

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Also is the unit warm to the touch? Is it cold to the touch?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@lazergeek, thanks for that info. Out of the countless hours of reading I've done on this forum before getting my boat I never came across that thread, or maybe just skipped it thinking it would never apply to me.

I did do some reading online from Noco's website. Seems like the flashing warning lights I was receiving coincides ambient temperature or internal temp of the batteries. Which I do not believe either came into play for my scenario.

From the Noco customer questions section...

If the Overvoltage, Battery, and Standby LEDs are flashing together, either the charger's internal temperature is too hot, or the ambient temperature is too cold for operation. If the charger's internal temperature is too hot, the charger will stop displaying the error and resume function after the charger cools down. If the ambient temperature is too cold, the charger will resume function when the ambient temperature rises.

Thanks for all the info, so far.

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am having the same issue where it will show charging, then when it gets to 100% the high voltage light comes on then it starts the cycle again

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn't want to mess with the guts of the DSVR, so I just cut the little black wire that everyone referenced and used bullet style connectors to unhook it when I charged. Just one thing to think about when hooking up shore power.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn't want to mess with the guts of the DSVR, so I just cut the little black wire that everyone referenced and used bullet style connectors to unhook it when I charged. Just one thing to think about when hooking up shore power.
Where did mount the charger?

Did you ever get the charger to work correctly?

Rockit69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Assuming you have a battery switch, is it in the off posistion when you charge?

JakeTJCJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the factory DSVR battery switch, and the battery switches are off when charging.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length