• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinions about Used Jet Boat

Eduardo Guzman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Guys thank you for taking the time to help me,

Im new in this boat world and actually Im considering to get into the jet boat world and I went to check a 2006 Yamaha SX210 , looks very nice but I want to know more comments from you guys about buying a 10 years old Jet boat. They said that the boat has only 90Hours but im worry more about any surprise after the purchase.

Would you buy a 10 years jet boat?

I will use the boat at Kemah Texas ( salt water ) , pretty much for enjoy driving and chilling around the bay

Any opinion will be well appreciated and thank you for your time.

Ed.

Hey Ed,

I bought a 2006 AR210 (only difference is mine has a rack) and I literally couldn't be happier. The boat was dry stored so that helped a lot. I would just check the compression of the engines. Make sure she looks cosmetically good and go from there. Those MR1 engines are bulletproof. You hear them referred to as such. I wish maybe they had a little more power, but it's never been an issue.

If you have any specific questions let me know. Oh and as a guide. I paid $16,750 for mine 2 years ago.

Good luck

I just bought my 08 ar230 I know not 10 years old but no surprises for me. Well besides how much I love it and ease of ownership. Just look close at how the upkeep is and it will tell how they took care of the boat. There is a lot of info to look for but basically climb through it and cover each area twice, and don't forget about the trailer check lights condition of tires etc. Best of luck. If you have pictures already post them up a lot of us a good eye to see things wrong.

Hey Ed
I can remember going to look at my boat it had low hours not as clean as I would have liked but that didn't hold me back. Was I afraid yes not knowing anything about a jet boat but trusted in the Yamaha brand. Wow sooooo happy I got it. As far as price goes check NADA boat, boat trader and see what they say. Good luck

If it was well cared for I would have no concern about the age. The MR1 engine has been documented for thousands of hours of usage in skis.

In 2014 I bought a 2005 AR230. Love the boat, extremely happy with the purchase. As has already been mentioned, the only surprise was how versatile and fun these boats are!

Edit: forgot to mention that my boat only had 100 hours on it when purchased at 9 years old.

Last edited:
If the price is right a 10 year old boat wouldn't scare me as long as I felt i was getting a good deal. I would make them verify the hours though if they are claiming under 100 hours on a 10 year old boat. Someone else can chime in on this but sometimes too few hours can be as bad as to many hours if not kept up with correctly.

If you look around here you'll see examples of what a well maintained 10 year old boat should look like. Take into account the condition of the pumps, interior, trailer, etc... Care of the non-essential items can be an indication of how the engines and pumps were maintained. I would also ask for service records. They may not have them, and that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but it would help make the case that they cared about their vessel. Also, make sure you get a good water test. (at least half an hour or more)

You'll be able to tell the difference between someone who takes pride in their boat and someone who just uses it.

oh guys (
Hey Ed,

I bought a 2006 AR210 (only difference is mine has a rack) and I literally couldn't be happier. The boat was dry stored so that helped a lot. I would just check the compression of the engines. Make sure she looks cosmetically good and go from there. Those MR1 engines are bulletproof. You hear them referred to as such. I wish maybe they had a little more power, but it's never been an issue.

If you have any specific questions let me know. Oh and as a guide. I paid $16,750 for mine 2 years ago.

Good luck
Oh Thanks Bill for your comments and recommendations , I will find a good mechanics who can go with me and check the compression .

Thanks Again for your comments .
Ed
I really appreciate your comments and opinions , Ill find a mechanic who can help me check the compression and some non essential Items.

Thank you again for the help and I'll keep you posted.

Ed

Guys Im new with the Forum and I don't know how to send a message to everyone ahahaha.

But I want to say thank you for all the comments and taking the time to help me, Ill follow this recommendations and check the boat.

I'll keep you posted guys.

Thanks.

Ed.

I just purchased a 2006 SX210 from last year with about 75hours on it. The previous owner rode it every year but docked for hours with his kids so hence the low hours. Love it and I too boat in salt water. As long as you flush after each outing it will keep it running like new.

@Eduardo Guzman If you want to send a "Private" message to someone, just click on the inbox in the upper right and click "Start A New Conversation"

If you a while want a mechanic who can read the engines via YDS (Yamaha Diagnostic System). This is easy to do (just requires a cable and some PC software--many members here have the cable and SW) and will tell you the hours of the engines (in a number of RPM ranges), any engine faults/overheats etc.

I have a 2005 and have somewhere around 300 hours on her with no issues. These boats are very easy to maintain. The only thing they are temperamental about is their spark plugs (easy to change), so if the boat isn't running well...the first thing to consider is just a change of plugs....it is often that simple!

Happy hunting!

Ed, I would absolutely buy a used boat and there are many on this site that will advise you on the same. I have a 2001 that I bought around 2013 but when I bought mine and to this day, I was set on this smaller size, trailerability with my SUV, and speed.

When you look for a boat, make sure it is clean and well cared for. Pay attention to the owner since a well cared boat is the best boat. The other piece is that you will likely get what you pay for within reason.

Pay attention to the trailer if you are going to use it. 10 years is old for a trailer and would require servicing. You don't want to come out of the gate with trailer expenses that you are not prepared for (bearings, brakes, rust)

Back