• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Panama City August 13/14/15 2015

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok! We are getting close to the mini meet at Treasure Island Marina. Probably a good idea to set the day and time.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife and I wanted to check out Crab Island. How far is it from Panama City?
Also, there isnt a boat launch at Treasure Island, but the state park off of Thomas Dr has a really nice one. If it isnt too far, we could meet up at the park, and ride to Crab Island, or I can trailer the boat to a ramp somewhere and meet up there. We can meet Saturday morning around 9-10ish somewhere?

Today is get the boat ready day!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Are you talking about Crab Island over in Destin? The big attraction here is Shell Island... The St. Andrews State park does have a launch, it is just down the road from Treasure Island Marina. It is probably your best place to launch...

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It will take about an hour to boat over here to Crab Island from Panama City. If you're going to head this way, take the ICW over. That's what I'm taking if the meet is at Shell Island.

Also, My Avatar and Signature are both from Crab Island. Water has been great over here, and I'm sure you'll have a great experience....not that I'm trying to push the meet here or anything. :winkingthumbsup"

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ScarabMike I use Joe's Bayou Boat Launch (700 block of Beach Drive in Destin). There is a fee. $20 I think. It's 5-10 minute boat ride to Crab Island.

Yes, things AND people can get crazy there. But they tend to hang in certain areas around the music floats/boats that are anchored there. So it's easy to get involved, or distance yourself from all that. We usually hand around the calmer people. But even when Crab Island is packed, there has always been space and plenty of room to anchor. The shallows of Crab Island extends north, beyond the No Wake Signs.

Y'all let me know what you decide. School starts this Monday for the kids and the wife is talking about going out of town for the weekend now. If we don't go anywhere, I'll 100% be on the boat.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ToddW850 my wife drive, hahahaha thats a good one. I think there will be a good amount of pain a week after surgery. I wish I could go.
Make sure you rent or buy the little ice chest with the pump that will circulate ice cold water to keep the swelling down afterward. Its worth its pricetag! Totally worth it!!!!!

Good luck with it.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Boat is full of fuel, and all the goodies are loaded, luggage is packed, insurance is paid (lol). Ready for the trek to Panama City at 9am tomorrow.
Safe Trip. The weather has been great, I hope it stays that way for you. I was 12 miles offshore on Tuesday. It was completely flat.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike are you still planning on Crab Island? It is about a 1.5 hour drive from Panama City (if traffic is good). I am watching my neighbors place as they are out of town. Not sure I will make the trip to Destin..... Have a safe trip!!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Right on! I will see you Saturday. We still meeting at Treasure Island Marina at 0930ish?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Be careful if you venture up into north lagoon, under the bridge from treasure island. Stick to the channel markers there are a lot of shallow areas. Watch for the no wake zones. Some nice houses to check out on the water up in there.

Head for the best spot on the island. There are 2 docks, (you won't use them, just anchor around them) it's a huge area of clear shallow beachy bottom. Maybe 3 miles from the pass on the back (bay) side of the island. We would back in and anchor up about 40 ft from shore depending on the tide. great place for hermit crabs and sand dollars. and it's just a short walk over to the gulf side. Shells a plenty and beautiful open white sand areas. Watch for turtle areas though.

When exploring on land, Go down north lagoon and look for Mr Surfs shop on the inland side of the street. There is a trailer next to it with outdoor seating. It's called Finns. Awesome food. Great locals place.

Also, just south of treasure island on north lagoon when you make the turn to the left toward the state park, there is a great local bar called Patches just after the turn on your right. Awesome food and a decent beer selection.

Want a great date night spot on the water, http://uncleerniesbayfrontgrill.com/ . You can pull your boat up or go by land. It's up in the bay on the panama city side. If it's nice out, the upstairs open patio/bar is awesome. Great food, a little pricey.

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love Uncle Ernie's.

If you want to take the boat to breakfast, Bayou Joe's http://www.bayoujoes.com/
Is cool. You Dock your boat and as soon as you step off your boat you sit at a table.

Here's a sucky, unedited video I did one time while going there.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is looking like Saturday's weather is going to be fairly nice. T-storms later in the afternoon!:thumbsup:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Be careful if you venture up into north lagoon, under the bridge from treasure island. Stick to the channel markers there are a lot of shallow areas. Watch for the no wake zones. Some nice houses to check out on the water up in there.

Head for the best spot on the island. There are 2 docks, (you won't use them, just anchor around them) it's a huge area of clear shallow beachy bottom. Maybe 3 miles from the pass on the back (bay) side of the island. We would back in and anchor up about 40 ft from shore depending on the tide. great place for hermit crabs and sand dollars. and it's just a short walk over to the gulf side. Shells a plenty and beautiful open white sand areas. Watch for turtle areas though.

When exploring on land, Go down north lagoon and look for Mr Surfs shop on the inland side of the street. There is a trailer next to it with outdoor seating. It's called Finns. Awesome food. Great locals place.

Also, just south of treasure island on north lagoon when you make the turn to the left toward the state park, there is a great local bar called Patches just after the turn on your right. Awesome food and a decent beer selection.

Want a great date night spot on the water, http://uncleerniesbayfrontgrill.com/ . You can pull your boat up or go by land. It's up in the bay on the panama city side. If it's nice out, the upstairs open patio/bar is awesome. Great food, a little pricey.
Damn, I really need to move down there! That looks perfect.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well @ScarabMike looks like my plans are on hold. We had to take the SUV in for some warranty work this week and they are not done. Big shocker. Might try Plan D but we'll see.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Damn, I really need to move down there! That looks perfect.
Thanks, it really is awesome. The beaches are crazy nice. Pure white sand crystal clear water. A lot of days we would be in 15 feet of water looking at things sitting on the bottom. Like you're in a swimming pool. Killing me to be boatless right now.

Our boxer Laila misses the boat more than any of us.

@ScarabMike Sorry to hijack, These are at the gulf side of that map above.

IMG_3885.JPG IMG_1951.JPG IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

Crowded at shell island that day. (one family on the beach LOL)

IMG_2814.JPG

Last edited: