• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Partzilla vs Yamaha Sports Plaza

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy Monday everyone,

Just wanted to drop by and give my experience so far with YSP vs Partzilla. Beginning of October I ordered some oil pump bolts from YSP because I noticed 2 missing when I was changing the intermediate bearing. They gave me an estimated shipping date, it came and went so I waited until the end of October to send an email and ask what is going on. Took about a week for someone to get back to me which isn’t a huge deal but they then said that due to supply shortages and delays they weren’t sure when they’d have the bolts in stock. So I got on Partzilla and ordered the same bolts. Partzilla emailed me a day later to say they were delayed but gave me a date when they would be in stock and they continue to send me an email every week or so to let me know the order status, super nice.

I then emailed YSP and asked for a cancellation of my order and refund of my money. It’s been a month and nothing but crickets. Three emails now to YSP and nothing yet. I will give them a few more days before I open a PayPal dispute.

Safe to say I’ll probably stick with Partzilla now.

I was going to order a boat cover from them, as they had the lowest price, but I remember reading about a bad experience with a vendor on here, and when I checked it was YSP. Naturally I didn’t order from them.

There really is no excuse to run a business the way they do. I understand a lot of “retail” businesses don’t hold an inventory and order from a wholesaler when they get an order, but it is very easy to know whether your wholesaler has a part or not before you take an order, and worst case within 24 hrs. No business should charge a payment method until an order is shipped (used to be a law/rule about that) or it is truly a custom/special order.

I just ordered from Partzilla....guess we'll see how it goes. Item was listed as in stock....

I've had the exact same experience with both. I had to call YSP for updates on a cover I ordered from them in May. Got to the point I had forgotten about it and ordered a trailer cover from Overton. 6 months later I have a box delivered to my door for the stock cover that I had completely forgotten to cancel from YSP. I need it anyways as I'm going to slip our boat next year. (but had I remembered I would have canceled and waited until next year) YSP was better priced and if I order from them again I guess I know what to expect from now on.

I ordered and paid for a steering cable from Partzilla in July that I’m still waiting on. I believe it showed as in stock when I ordered. I reached out a few times and they couldn’t give me any info at all due to the manufacturer not giving them any info. I finally got an update in October that it should arrive in February. I’m not thrilled with just leaving my $400 out there for this long but no one else has it and I’ve had adequate service from Partzilla in the past.

I have no experience with YSP but everything is so screwed up right now that it’s a tough time to judge who’s good and who’s not.

I used partzilla for a ladder I ordered in March. They send weekly updates with updated shipping times. eventually they said it was on backorder. I just left the order in and last month they got it and sent it out to me with no issues. It took a while, but they came through in the end. I will continue to order from them since they at least keep you updated with your order status.

Well all it took was threatening to open a dispute with PayPal to get my refund and YSP emailed back today. I mean it was only 30 dollars, but 30 bucks is 30 bucks haha.

Well all it took was threatening to open a dispute with PayPal to get my refund and YSP emailed back today. I mean it was only 30 dollars, but 30 bucks is 30 bucks haha.
Did you end up getting the bolts from Partzilla or are you still waiting?

I have ordered from both with good experiences with both but find longer delivery times with YSP.
I usually use boats.net because prices are similar and they are in Georgia near the Yamaha warehouse, so if they have to get it from the warehouse its much quicker where YSP has to get it from Georgia ship to west coast then ship to me on east coast

Did you end up getting the bolts from Partzilla or are you still waiting?

Partzilla has two of the same bolts in stock (I ordered a spare one) but waiting until the third bolt comes in stock in December to ship them to me.

Last edited:
No experience with partszilla but have been Nuuk from ysp for years. Always through the they over charged for slow shipping and handling. They don’t give status updates. That said I will probably start ordering from partszilla going forward.

Cables just showed up today 3 months “early” (4 months after order) from Partzilla. Very happy and thankful!

They even threw in a free head gasket for a 450 dirt bike that I don’t own. Man those things have giant pistons. Found a gasket for a snowmobile oil tank in there too. Must be a new parts picker working.

Ooh there’s an invoice direct from Yamaha too. Looks like partszilla made about $86 for taking the order and drop shipping this thing to me. Not a bad deal for them!

Last edited:
Small update… Partzilla shipped my bolts yesterday, one of them wasn’t supposed to be in stock until first of the year so that was a pleasant surprise.

Always had good success and fast deliveries with Partszilla.

I've never used either YSP or Partzilla so can't provide feedback on them. I have on several occasions used Babbitt's for Yamaha OE parts. They operate the same way as the previously mentioned pair. They take your order (either on-line or over the phone) then forward to a wholesaler or central distribution point. It is then shipped to Babbitt's in Michigan then on to the end user. Not always fast but they have provided everything I ordered at a competitive price.

I've never used either YSP or Partzilla so can't provide feedback on them. I have on several occasions used Babbitt's for Yamaha OE parts. They operate the same way as the previously mentioned pair. They take your order (either on-line or over the phone) then forward to a wholesaler or central distribution point. It is then shipped to Babbitt's in Michigan then on to the end user. Not always fast but they have provided everything I ordered at a competitive price.
I use Babbitts almost exclusively for my Kawasaki toys and they are great.
I did find they were much higher (35%/$140 I believe) for the Yamaha steering cable I needed so I haven’t been looking there when I need boat parts.

I recently ordered a coil from partzilla as their site indicated they had it in stock whereas Yamaha sports plaza did not. Here is part of the email I just got from partzilla. Not at all what I was expecting.
D3BB6EEF-2CBF-4F4C-A8BA-AD6218DC8747.png

I recently ordered a coil from partzilla as their site indicated they had it in stock whereas Yamaha sports plaza did not. Here is part of the email I just got from partzilla. Not at all what I was expecting.
View attachment 169006
Exact same thing that happened with my cables. Hopefully your coils show up sooner but the “no current ETA” doesn’t inspire confidence.

Back