• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plug Read

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Read the plugs today.................last plug read showed a problem and the Blackstone oil Analisis showed high gas content in the oil and the metals that showed up were rings and cyl wall wear.............the plugs show vary rich with on plug showing cyl wall wash down with raw fuel.............after injector cleaning using a injector pulsar and replacing the injector filter screen all looks great. The plugs are burning vary vary clean so the oil analysis should be clean as well on gas contamination.

I cant tell you how important a plug read is it can save your motor.............if I let the cyl wash down go for a year or two worn rings low compression ect...........The plug read and oil analisis 35 dollar was well worth it. Hear are the plugs before cleaning and after.

Attachments

• IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Read the plugs today.................last plug read showed a problem and the Blackstone oil Analisis showed high gas content in the oil and the metals that showed up were rings and cyl wall wear.............the plugs show vary rich with on plug showing cyl wall wash down with raw fuel.............after injector cleaning using a injector pulsar and replacing the injector filter screen all looks great. The plugs are burning vary vary clean so the oil analysis should be clean as well on gas contamination.

I cant tell you how important a plug read is it can save your motor.............if I let the cyl wash down go for a year or two worn rings low compression ect...........The plug read and oil analisis 35 dollar was well worth it. Hear are the plugs before cleaning and after.
Who do you go to for this?

I have been rebuilding cars frame off for almost 50 years now days with youtube one can read and compare notes with folks way more exprenced than me but reading plugs is easy rich,lean hot are all easy to spot. with fuel injection rich is almost always dirty clogged not getting a mist spray lean always look at the fuel pump pressure or clogged fuel filter.

Back