• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port check engine light/alarm

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi all

I have a 2015 AR240. Bought it over winter so just started using it. Just hit the 10 HR mark so I need to dump the oil soon. I was out on it today and when I went to start it up the alarm went off and the port engine light was on. I turned it on and off a couple times to see if it would go away but it didn't. I decided to drive it a bit then shut it off and try again. I drove it about a mile then shut it off, let the blower run for a couple minutes then I started it up again....check engine light was off and we were good the rest of the day. Any idea on what would have caused that? Should I have it checked out?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MIKEP - If it was anything serious you should be able access the codes via the CONNEXT system. I believe its system info that will get you into the indepth diagnostic information. I would also be very weary of how she acts. If you can you may want to have your dealership take a look at it. Especially if this happens again.
@Julian - Please correct me on this. I am not near my boat right now to verify.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Possibly low battery voltage? Was the light steady or flashing?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! @itsdgm it was a solid color light. It wasn't flashing.

I'll check that when I'm back at the lake this weekend...need to change the oil anyway.

I'll keep you posted...

Last edited:

Latiosi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have he
i have the same issue light solid . What would means ?
I think many of these check engine lights occur when you have something in the pump and your pump pressure is reduced. This reduces the cooling water flow to your engine(s) and caused an overheat situation. Once the pump obstruction is cleared, the over heat goes away....like a gremlin. That is where I'd start.

Latiosi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think many of these check engine lights occur when you have something in the pump and your pump pressure is reduced. This reduces the cooling water flow to your engine(s) and caused an overheat situation. Once the pump obstruction is cleared, the over heat goes away....like a gremlin. That is where I'd start.
Thank you . The engine temp light went away , but now it has one engine light on , normal spn 0, as soon as I turn it on.

toddgray519

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi all

I have a 2015 AR240. Bought it over winter so just started using it. Just hit the 10 HR mark so I need to dump the oil soon. I was out on it today and when I went to start it up the alarm went off and the port engine light was on. I turned it on and off a couple times to see if it would go away but it didn't. I decided to drive it a bit then shut it off and try again. I drove it about a mile then shut it off, let the blower run for a couple minutes then I started it up again....check engine light was off and we were good the rest of the day. Any idea on what would have caused that? Should I have it checked out?
hi all

I have a 2023 Yamaha 222xe 1st day on the water found a small piece of plastic in the port side clean out port light kept coming on turned off everything waited about 15 mins no light no further problem. Don’t know what that was about the plastic was no bigger than my hand