• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You mean like having to look for a pay phone and carrying enough coinage to make a call? Or perhaps having to go to the library and use the Encyclopedia Britanica to research a term paper? You know that right there, having to use an encyclopedia and having to share the different ones amongst classmates all doing research at the same time and learning how to A-work, and B-Work together to accomplish goals is something that’s lost.

When I was still working I was asked to grade some papers submitted by high school senior students that had to do with conservation and renewable energy sources for the departments scholarship program, these were supposed to be NEW ideas. I asked the gal who was running the program after reading through them the first time if I was supposed to grade everything and not just content, she said yes. With the exception of maybe three of the 35 papers submitted the grammar was atrocious, and there were spelling errors, both of those errors are highlighted in most word processing applications. To the meat of the matter, most of the papers were just filled with copy and pasted links, the one that jumps out is one paper talked about using “Bluetooth technology“ to help keep wind generators pointed into the wind. My first thought was, don’t you think the people who built them already figured that out? So I used the links provided and within the links it illustrated how these wind generators were kept pointed into the wind, hint hint, it’s not done with Bluetooth tech. Many of the papers were just plagiarized ideas, copied and pasted text directly from the on line sources, all of which got “corrected“ by myself, as well, I had found the source of their stolen verbiage and I provided the links. Those player ized papers received F’s.

The shining / stellar exception was the boy who went to Home Depot and bought some sink traps and made a T fitting with a valve that could be selected to divert the water out through the fitting to a line that ran through the wall to water the flowers in a bed on the other side of the wall. I graded his paper A+ and he got the scholarship award! By the way, all the papers only had a number, no names, what school etc. Further, his ( I found out later who one the scholarship) paper had great grammar and no spelling errors.

For quite a few years I used to go to the area schools of all grade levels and talk about how electricity was produced and how it got to their homes, definitely one of the enjoyable things I was able to do at work.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Many of the papers were just plagiarized ideas, copied and pasted text directly from the on line sources, all of which got “corrected“ by myself, as well, I had found the source of their stolen verbiage and I provided the links. Those plagiarized papers received F’s.
Brother's first year teaching a master's level BA course at a VERY prestigious university. Several students submitted copy/paste "research" but one in particular pretty much cloned the whole damned thing. Fail. Next thing you know, HE gets called onto the carpet - looks bad on the school's reputation if a lot of its students are accused of plagiarism, there were "cultural" excuses for this [foreign - as in Eastern Europe] student, yada, yada... Oh, ok, then. (Sure changed his opinion of higher ed.) Let the employer deal with this then - and the can gets kicked farther down the road. This "student" apparently went back to his home country but I'd love to follow up.
I've always been a proponent of let 'em get bad marks in grade and high school . Best time to learn a lesson - NOT waiting until it means you're out on your ass and can't make rent because your employer has just realized you've been given the "participation prize" throughout your academic years!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
“Englisch?”
After a wee bit of Google-foo, I have concluded that is the German spelling. Worksheet is from an elementary English test for German students…?