• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Prescription Sunglasses Recommendations

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Sunglasses recommendations thread has lots of great ideas and some great deals for members that can see more than a few feet in front of their face without prescription lenses. But I am feeling left out! I need new sunglasses and would prefer something better than standard prescription glasses dipped in a tinting solution. Who has suggestions?

Funny you bring this up, my wife went into Lens Crafters to see what kind of options they had for prescription sunglasses. You can get just about any "name brand" frame made into a prescription sunglasses. You might check there.

Just about every eye-wear place can put in prescription lenses in any frame. I had prescription, polarized lenses put in the Polos that I am wearing below. In this picture from the 2012 or 2013 or 2014 Chicago Loop Cruise (can't remember which one. I am old), I am wearing the cowboys jacket with the white sunglasses. I believe @JCampbell (Jim) also has prescription glasses on too. He is on the left. @trace is next to me with the red and grey and @007 is on the right. We are getting set for this trip again next weekend!

guyCLC.jpg

Last edited:
The Sunglasses recommendations thread has lots of great ideas and some great deals for members that can see more than a few feet in front of their face without prescription lenses. But I am feeling left out! I need new sunglasses and would prefer something better than standard prescription glasses dipped in a tinting solution. Who has suggestions?
Check out warbyparker.com @Bruce they sell regular and sunglasses. I have both, for the money and convenience, I think hard to beat them.

Current Rx script and you are good to go!

Mark

I had prescription lenses put into my RayBans but made the mistake of getting them polarized too.....which meant I couldn't use them while driving as I couldn't see the Nav and phone screens (not that I look at the phone while driving....only while stopped at a light, but changing glasses is a PITA).

So consider that when deciding if you want polarized...great for fishing and reducing glare....not much else

A few years ago I had Lasic done to my eyes and I now need readers to see anything up close. I went through quite a few different brands of polarize sunglasses with readers and found Typhoon has a pretty good product. I'm using them now as every day sunglasses, with no issues looking at electronics. I know they're not prescription sunglasses I just thought folks who are reading this thread might be interested in readers as well.

Darrell

Not exactly sure this will help but I wear Hoopika Sunglasses from Maui Jim. They have 2.0 readers on the bottom of each lens and let's me focus on dash, phone, stereo, ect, up close.

I love these glasses and keeps me from carrying readers and sunglasses both. The Maui Hoopika does it all for me.

As mentioned above, have your eye doctor check into it, as they can order the frames of most popular brands of sunglasses. The biggest reason to do this, is that the glasses in the stores price include the lenses and it is the majority of the value in many cases. The eye doctors can order them without the lenses for much less.

I had a few pair of Bolle's made up for me before getting eye surgery.

Good luck!

Back