• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Primary Music Player Choice?

What is your primary way of listening to music on the boat?

• Radio AM/FM

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • CD

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Satelite XM/Sirius

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Pandora

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • iheart Radio

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Slacker

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other post in comments

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Music on phone via bluetooth

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • ipod or phone via aux or internal dock

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I personally have always been an XM/Sirius fan. But with this new boat and the Bluetooth......iheart radio was pretty cool. I need to jack up my slacker radio this weekend and try. What you got? Only con on Bluetooth from phone is data....im a data Nazi but I guess $15 extra per month for four boating months is better than $16 x 12 for XM......maybe??

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
None. My wife and I work in different areas of the musical spectrum so we choose to turn off the tunes when we are together - and we are always together on the boat.

I tell her the only music I really need is that of her voice. :rolleyes:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added my choice to the options, sorry if that is breaking the rules :cool:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I also added my choice to the options, as many will use an aux connection to an iPod or a dock.

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We need to have a poll to figure out what needs to be in this poll...and multiple options should be selectable.

For me, all content is bluetooth via the phone (sometimes on the phone sometimes streamed). Occasionally, its just the radio (am/fm)...I selected other.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea....we start seeing the many options. I didn't know all of them but this is great. I was hoping for us to find all available ways to utilize our music options.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yea....we start seeing the many options. I didn't know all of them but this is great. I was hoping for us to find all available ways to utilize our music options.
I didn't even know about some of them in your list! But with the new Fusion IP700i, the internal dock just rocks!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other... I have hundreds of mp3s saved to a usb drive, my Clarion M309 plays songs off of it in shuffle mode. We don't get radio reception where we boat.

It keeps us from draining down the battery on yet another electronic device.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spotify all the time! The premium spotify is $9.99 a month. It is awesome! I can listen to anything anywhere and even download it to the phone in case there is a bad signal. It's an unlimited library of music at my finger tips. Great for when I'm hanging out and somebody says I really want to hear....

I always have it! There is another app called spotque that allows you to use a second phone as a remote using bluetooth. So I can leave one phone in the boat attached to the stereo and bring the other (wife's phone) to shore and control the music from there or let others pass it around and build a que.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Spotify all the time! The premium spotify is $9.99 a month. It is awesome! I can listen to anything anywhere and even download it to the phone in case there is a bad signal. It's an unlimited library of music at my finger tips. Great for when I'm hanging out and somebody says I really want to hear....
+1 for Spotify

This is my new favorite. I love being able to download to my phone for offline playing, but the number one seller for me was collaborative playlists!

Now I can create playlists, shoot the link to whatever friends I have coming out on the boat with me, and any of them can add their favorite tunes from the entire spotify library!

Now everyone can help contribute to the tunes!!!!

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Total agree @Detonate. I have also found so much new music I would have never come across if it weren't for the Discover, Browse Categories, and radio.

I have been using it for about two years now and have only found one weakness....if won't let you turn off explicit lyrics. You can search for "radio edit" versions but I would like to be able to just turn it off when little ears are around. Instead we end up listening to a kids Bop playlist or a playlist I built with all clean songs.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Google play. I usually download the music while off the boat and then I play it through the aux input. I say me but I mean the kids

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
it won't let you turn off explicit lyrics. You can search for "radio edit" versions but I would like to be able to just turn it off when little ears are around. Instead we end up listening to a kids Bop playlist or a playlist I built with all clean songs.
Turning them off would be a nice feature!

We have a "Beach" playlist that is our clean playlist. It's for blasting music at the beach we go to when other people are around....

We also have the "Hide yo wife, Hide yo kids" playlist. The Cards of Humanity of playlists, if you will. :)