• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problem with Yamaha 242X E-Series 2016...

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all,
first of all please receive apologizes for my bad english!
Im from Bulgaria (Eastern Europe) we have Yamaha 242X E-series 2016 and expect problem with Starboard engine (cavitation).If I press little aggresive throttle the engine instantly go to 8000RPM... The problem is not exist when the boat is on plane,but its really hard go to plane boat.The best way go to plane is when i turn the wheel full left or right.The housing is new,the impeller have 0 damage its look pretty good with minimal clearance.What i see its big corrosion on my DUCT Intake plate,there is almost no have angle to housing.In europe we no have any information and spare parts for JETBOATS becouse they are not allowed for sale here.I was order that DUCT Intake plate but its seems not properly one. I have question is it possible Duct intake cause the cavitation? I can put some pictures if you want

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The VIN Number is
YAMC0342J516

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat is not the same so hopefully somebody with the same boat can comment. I don’t recall seeing parts like that before though. Are you sure they’re Yamaha parts?

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ofcourse mate they are i thing the duty of them is to swirl water for impeller.they are stay before the transom/housing and after intake grate

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If the sealant is not good between the ride plate and the hull it will pull in air and you will get cavitation

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If the sealant is not good between the ride plate and the hull it will pull in air and you will get cavitation
Ride plate you mean that DUCT Intake parts right?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do your clean out ports seal well? Could you be pulling air in through them? Have you rebuilt them recently?
You mean that clamps for easy access to driveshaft?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BustaZz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I check them also chek them when we drive no leak its very strange problem...

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In regard to the replacement part, if you know you ordered the right part, but what was sent doesn’t match, I’d suspect you were sent the wrong thing and should be able to arrange a return refund. Does the new part have a part number on it, preferably other than a sticker? Knowng you have a 155mm pump and the new part is for 160mm, that should help to figure out what the replacement part goes to, which would reinforce that you were sent the wrong part.