• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling Pump FSH195

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got the bolts out but can’t get this part out. Lots of videos on pump pulls but not on this style. Any help? @HELP

image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There can be suction holding the spline end of the shaft in.

Are there any pry points between the sections that you can access?

Can you use long bolts through the pump housing with nuts on the bolt side to push the pump housing away from the boat?

My least favorite suggestion is to put an eye bolt in one of those holes and ratchet strap it to something solid.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If there are pry points they are very hard to see or get to it.
Not sure what you mean with the long bolts…. On this pump there no long bolts just 4 short ones for the pump and 4 short for impeller housing.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I had the same problem. That black sealer is tough. I had to pry mine off. There should be slots for you to sneak a pry tool in there. I was nervouse but they came loose.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If there are pry points they are very hard to see or get to it.
Not sure what you mean with the long bolts…. On this pump there no long bolts just 4 short ones for the pump and 4 short for impeller housing.
If I remember correctly, the inner housing actually has 5 bolts. One is smaller.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That is correct 4 big and one small bolt, on my 2020 212. I also had to use a heat gun to loosen the black sealant that Yamaha went overboard with. Once I warmed the sealant up I used a small pry bar to break it loose. It was a bitch on my Stbd pump, Port wasn't to bad.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Also, the linkage for the bucket can be removed without taking those two bolts off. It has a collar you slide to release it from the ball.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean with the long bolts….
My thinking was to buy some long bolt(s) inserting them into the hole(s) with the threaded end going through the pump housing toward the boat with a washer and nut on the boat side of the pump housing. Tighten the bolt(s) until they touch the metal plate attached to the hull. Then just a little further until the seal is broken. From the picture it is hard to tell if that would line up properly with the end of the bolt(s) touching solid metal on the back of the boat but if it does it would be an easy way to break that seal.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
He needs to get that 5th bolt off, then he should be able to pry it off no problem.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
He needs to get that 5th bolt off, then he should be able to pry it off no problem.
He has the 5th bolt out. You can see the hole in the picture. These take quite a bit of prying effort when removing them for the first time.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes, I had the same issue. He implied earlier he only removed 4 bolts.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah 5th is off that is my bad. I will pick up a torch and prybar from harbor frieght and try again.

If that doesn't work then I will try screwing a 2x4 to the housing and tie a rope around it and pull it off.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@adrianp89 let me know how it comes out. Im about to do the same on mine, i have 250 hours.
Please post more pictures of the how to and your results.
Hope it all works out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah 5th is off that is my bad. I will pick up a torch and prybar from harbor frieght and try again.

If that doesn't work then I will try screwing a 2x4 to the housing and tie a rope around it and pull it off.
I used one of those pry bars that is wide and flat that has the nail pulling slots in the ends. I used the curved end and got in behind the large bolt at 11 O clock and the the small bolt at 8 O clock and just gradually increased tension pausing after each increase in effort. When it did break loose it did so all at once, as @RobbieO said that black sealer is tough, you will be removing that once you get it apart.

When you pull the pump out make sure you don’t let it drop down which will allow the end of the drive shaft to put pressure on the hose that connects the intermediate bearing to the transom plate.

Be sure to clean off the thread sealant from the bolt holes and bolts thoroughly before reapplying thread sealant before reassembly. I used a 9mm bore brush the first couple of times then switched over to tap and die, much faster and cleaner.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What do you guys use to re-seal?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pick up this pry bar from harbor freight. Works great when taking these pumps off for the first time.
Brilliant. Picked up the exact tool this morning. It took about 2 seconds with this tool and I had it off.

I was hoping to find some debris but found nothing. Impeller could be in better shape but I don’t think this would cause my RPM issues?

63F2CAD4-CF19-4F5B-AA8F-EFFE09294EBB.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad you were able to get the pump off!

Didn’t realize rpm issues were the reason you wanted to pull the pump. How many revs are you down?

First thing that went through my mind when you said RPM issues …
Spark Plugs
Oil Level
Air Filter
Throttle cable adjustment