• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling Pump FSH195

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Had a renter wrap a ton of fishing line around the impeller. It wouldn't rev above 5k. We got it back on the trailer and I cleared all the line I could see from under the boat - he went back out and said same issue.

Thinking I am going to put it back together and see how it runs.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It wouldn't rev above 5k.
Cavitation is like a slipping clutch. If cavitating the engine will rev high without producing the expected thrust.

Have you checked the spark plugs? Is the engine reporting any error?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
She is back together and holds RPMs on a hose. Sounds a little tinny Sound wise. Taking her to the lake for a test run

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Also plugs are a week old. No errors on screen.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well same issue on the water. Also no speed on Screen just 0 mph. Maxes out at about 5400rpms.

supercharger clutch spins both ways so assuming that’s it

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got the boat back today with the new clutch. RPMs are fine but has some cavitation when gunning it. Goes away after a second or two. Top speed isn't where it should be, but she runs. Thinking either I didn't put enough seal when re-assembling or just the impeller needs replaced.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got the boat back today with the new clutch. RPMs are fine but has some cavitation when gunning it. Goes away after a second or two. Top speed isn't where it should be, but she runs. Thinking either I didn't put enough seal when re-assembling or just the impeller needs replaced.
Its possible that your seal job wasn’t sufficient… however looking at the picture of your impeller it appears the gap between the impeller and the wear ring may be beyond spec…again, hard to tell from a picture I’m not sure about the pump / impeller on your boat but the minimum gap on mine is .014”. That gap, if excessive could cause the cav you describe, however it is good news that the cav is short lived and only happens when you gun it, and I’m assuming that is from sitting still? Best news is that the repaired clutch has brought back engine performance!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I will order a new impeller and take it from there. By the time it comes in the boat will probably be close to 350 hours so I figured not too bad.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just my two cents. After the struggle I had pulling the pumps the first time, I did not re-seal the mating surfaces. I have over 100 hrs with no sealant with no ill effect. Boat still jumps out of the water, no cavitation and still break the 50mph range. Also my first jetboat 2017 Ar190 never had sealant.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will order a new impeller and take it from there. By the time it comes in the boat will probably be close to 350 hours so I figured not too bad.
You could also send your old impeller off to Impros and have it refurbished and keep it as a spare.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any idea where I can get an impeller without waiting a few weeks?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the record it is sealed on both pumps of my 252

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the record it is sealed on both pumps of my 252
If you're referring to the small pipe thing on the pump, then yes, that is sealed on the jetboats. It's what the Yamaha wave runners use for their visibility spouts. Same pumps used across the board. On the Wave Runners they are open and have a hose attached that leads to the transom for the vertical Visibility Spouts.

If its open now it means the plug that is supposed to be sealing it got loose and fell out. You can JB Weld that sucker shut if you want.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you're referring to the small pipe thing on the pump, then yes, that is sealed on the jetboats. It's what the Yamaha wave runners use for their visibility spouts. Same pumps used across the board. On the Wave Runners they are open and have a hose attached that leads to the transom for the vertical Visibility Spouts.

If its open now it means the plug that is supposed to be sealing it got loose and fell out. You can JB Weld that sucker shut if you want.
Gotcha…. So that wouldn’t cause any of the cavitation issues.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha…. So that wouldn’t cause any of the cavitation issues.
It shouldn't because its open on the ski's. The amount of water that comes out of there is so small compared to the rest of the pump that it isn't affected.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got to thinking…. Maybe the pump area isn’t sealed and the fishing line acted as a weed wackier to the sealant. So grabbed some 4200 and sealed up the area.

2217E05D-BF9A-4987-B17D-E8706C6B5F14.jpegB94B7688-DCFE-4C4A-A8F1-77E97E6B5BC7.jpeg911BA6F4-358B-4B67-B776-5FBC93E0E257.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What is this nozzle for?

Pretty sure when I removed it, this was sealed and now it is open
On the 210 FSH boats there is a hose that connects that fitting you are asking about to a fitting on the transom, this is the source of time water for the raw water wash down that comes on these boats. I would imagine your 195 deluxe is the same?