• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Queen Elizabeth II passed today...

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got word that Queen Elizabeth has passed away.

Here's a LINK to a BBC article on it.

The BBC did botch things by announcing that she'd passed when she hadn't, then as they were apologizing for being premature, she passed. So, there's that out there too.

If my mother-in-law were still with us, she would be loosing it over this. She's one of the to people named Elizabeth she looked to when naming my wife. The other was the Betty White character from Life With Elizabeth.

Great.....now that's all that we will hear about for the next 2 weeks on the news. Luckily it's still summer....no TV for 2 weeks. The whole monarchy over there is an outdated, ridiculous waste of time and money.....

Prince Charles on November 14, 1955 (his 7th birthday) - "Mummy, will I be King some day?"

Fast forward 67 short years and Charles in now King. Nothing like having to go to work when you are 73 years old!

Jim

Great.....now that's all that we will hear about for the next 2 weeks on the news. Luckily it's still summer....no TV for 2 weeks. The whole monarchy over there is an outdated, ridiculous waste of time and money.....
The Monarchy actually makes them a bunch of money in tourism, and the government pays very little: <50M to support them, the buildings etc. Easily offset by the tourism dollars.

Waste of time? Sure, just like anything non essential it's a waste of time....like the NFL, NBA, etc. But some people are obsessed with Monarchs.... meh...just stuck up people!

It sucks to see anyone pass, that’s the truth. I hated spreading my step Dad’s ashes in Lake Erie. But, if somebody wants to obsess about anything, I’m still here ?

She definitely was an icon and had a long and interesting life. If you haven't seen the show Windsors on Netflix, the show gives a humous side to the royal family. It will be interesting to see what role the royal family plays in Englands future.

I’ve never understood why some people are so fascinated by British royalty, like my wife is. King Charles, what did he do to earn that title and all the perks that go with it? Out live his mother. Now prince william is waiting for his dad to cash out. What a circle jerk.

maybe I’m just jealous because I didn’t win the gene pool lottery like the royals did. At the same time my wife is into it so when we visited the uk 20 years ago we spent a lot of time visiting castles , going to the palace to watch the changing of the guard and at museums to see the Crown Jewels , etc. I found it interesting but also over rated and over priced. If asked to go again my response would be no, been there done that, once is enough.

RIP QE2

Last edited:
I’ve never understood why some people are so fascinated by British royalty, like my wife is. King Charles, what did he do to earn that title and all the perks that go with it? Out live his mother. Now prince william is waiting for his dad to cash out. What a circle jerk.

maybe I’m just jealous because I didn’t win the gene pool lottery like the royals did. At the same time my wife is into it so when we visited the uk 29 years ago we spent a lot of time visiting castles , going to the palace to watch the changing of the guarda and at museums to see the Crown Jewels , etc. I found it interesting but also over rated and over priced. If asked to go again my response would be no, been there done that, once is enough.

RIP QE2

Same, I just don’t get the obsession. As far as I can see the royal family includes racism, incest, murderers, and pedophiles. It’s like modern day Game of Thrones

The royalty are just like celebrities - and I couldn't give a crap about any of them! Met many while working in TV, and the vast majority of them are self centered pricks.

But unlike @Ronnie I do enjoy visiting a cool looking castle and pondering the history that transpired there. Real history.....as in more than 2 centuries....more like 10.

She will be missed.

But unlike @Ronnie I do enjoy visiting a cool looking castle and pondering the history that transpired there. Real history.....as in more than 2 centuries....more like 10.

Same here.

I've been to many castles, palaces, and forts in Europe and enjoyed visiting them, including the Tower of London.

Jim

@Julian , I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy the trip just that I wouldn’t do it again because imho the sights are overrated. If I’m going to plan a vacation around visiting museums it would be to the air and space museum. As for castles and palaces the White House is nearby. Traveling to look at other peoples things has never been big on my list, especially if I have to pay a fee on top of the travel and hotel costs to do so.

It is unfortunate that the queen died but from the looks of it she led a long and charmed life, one of entitlement and privilege. How many people can that be said for? IMHO Not many, very very few at her level.

The National Air and Space Museum (Chantilly, VA) is an incredible museum. I actually prefer the Steven F. UDvar-Hazy Center (Chantilly) over the D.C. museum. Speaking of incredible museums, the The National WWII Museum in New Orleans is also a favorite of mine.

Jim

Back