• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about voltage Yamaha 212X

thegrapeguy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So once in August my 2014 212x sounded an alarm just after starting the engines. My assumption is that one of the engines has a voltage problem because that's what flashed up on the display. It happened again in September. I'm going to make the assumption that the same engine was the culprit. Both times it just flashed "Voltage" on the display or something like that. I turned off the engine, gave things a rest and restarted and it did not have a problem. Same thing both times.

Then in October I put the boat away for winter we had a lovely sunset cruise with no issues. The day I flushed each engine I had no issues.

Recently I took the battery in for a simple test at Advance Auto Parts and the guy said the battery tested fine with 750ish (forget exact number) cold cranking amps. The only thing I remember prior to these events is having drained the battery one week because I left the battery switch on while I was on vacation. Came back and battery was dead. This has probably happened once a year while owning the boat...

My friend said I may have an alternator problem. You you folks agree? Are there 2 alternators, one for each engine in the 212X? What would cause a "Voltage" light to flash? Thanks...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These boats don’t have alternators but rather stators.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

thegrapeguy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How could the battery have low voltage but test fine? Or does the standard battery test not test for that?

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it is the factory battery, then you are due for a new one. 5 years out of a battery in a “ Toy” is pretty good.
Funny thing, my 14 212x was running just fine, I have a habit of tossing it on the tender once a month, tossed it on the tender, loaded the boat up in the morning headed to the lake, was about to launch and motors would even attempt to crank. Went straight to a battery shop, they pulled it, tested it and I bought a new one and was on my way, never got any alarms though.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These boats do not have alternators. They have 40 amp magnetos.