• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Removed my wakeboard tower and installed new bimini

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After much debate I did it. I removed my wakeboard tower and installed a new bimini top and my AR240 is pretty much a SX240 now.....LOL! I had an experienced fiberglass repairman at my marina fill the holes and add the gel coat and you can't even tell where the holes used to be. We never used that tower once and I got tired of folding it every time I put it on the lift in the slip (big problems I know...LOL). I'm really happy with the bimini top so far. I have to be honest, when I was drilling the holes yesterday I had major pucker syndrome!!!! Thank God for numerous videos on youtube and I did everything the pros told me to do and it was actually a pretty easy job (kind of tricky at times with only one person, but got it done). We tested her out today around 48 mph and she was pretty sturdy. Here are some pics we took today on Lake Texoma.

409941493.jpg

409941495.jpg

409941496.jpg

409941497.jpg

What are the plans for the tower?

Sorry. I should have mentioned that. The guy that helped me take it off bought it.

I really like the black bimini with the black boat, it looks great.

Towers are cool, but honestly if you don't need one, the boats looks better without them in my opinion. Just sleeker. Yours looks great!

Looks good. No wake boarding from our ar240 either, but wife considers our tower as a cloth's line for towels, life jackets, t-shirts, ect. :)

Looks good. My wife loves the look of the towers on the boats.

Thanks guys. My only regret is not giving the 46 inch height bimini more thought. The 54 inch is nice, but it is tall. I may get the 46 inch lower poles and see how it looks. Very easy to change out.

I ordered a bimini for my old boat and it looked funny cause it was to tall. I ended up measuring and cut it down to make it look better. It did. Just a thought for ya Hawk, i was on texoma yesterday to0. It was a nice day.

I ordered a bimini for my old boat and it looked funny cause it was to tall. I ended up measuring and cut it down to make it look better. It did. Just a thought for ya Hawk, i was on texoma yesterday to0. It was a nice day.
@Jebinok ... Yes sir! We were down by Grandpappy Point on the beach right by the marina. What an awesome day!

After much debate I did it. I removed my wakeboard tower and installed a new bimini top and my AR240 is pretty much a SX240 now.....LOL! I had an experienced fiberglass repairman at my marina fill the holes and add the gel coat and you can't even tell where the holes used to be. We never used that tower once and I got tired of folding it every time I put it on the lift in the slip (big problems I know...LOL). I'm really happy with the bimini top so far. I have to be honest, when I was drilling the holes yesterday I had major pucker syndrome!!!! Thank God for numerous videos on youtube and I did everything the pros told me to do and it was actually a pretty easy job (kind of tricky at times with only one person, but got it done). We tested her out today around 48 mph and she was pretty sturdy. Here are some pics we took today on Lake Texoma.
Looks nice! I actually was thinking I might need to do that when I bought my AR230 in order to get it in the garage. When I realized I couldn't get it in the garage easily enough with it off and I would need to store it elsewhere, I left it on. I actually like the look of the AR230 tower. But yours looks nice. Anyway these boats look, they are still awesome.

Back