• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Reverse gate question

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Strange question, but I’m going to ask..

I have had to change out my steering cable on my new boat at 25hrs. Since then I have been mythological on lubricating and making sure no water is in the cable. Has anyone had issues with the reverse gate cable like steering cables, and should I lubricate that cable like I do the steering cable to prevent issues down stream?

I lube them all, but then again, i don't want to be without a boat this season or next because of parts not being available. So i guess I am a little OCD with Maintenance.

I lube them all, but then again, i don't want to be without a boat this season or next because of parts not being available. So i guess I am a little OCD with Maintenance.
Answers my question ;)

Answers my question ;)
Actually the reverse gate cables tend to go out before the steering cables, so I'd be more pathological about lubing the reverse gate cables than the steering cables.

Still... 25 hours? Seems very, very early.

Still... 25 hours? Seems very, very early.

on a 2022 boat? im in salt water and over 20 years only had one shift cable, (reverse) fail. I have not lubed my shift cables yet on the 2017 242xe only the steering just due the the expense of the steering and it’s a dual operation one housing for both. The E series has a lever to release the cable from the servo and over the winter I grab the buckets and move them up and down then grab the rudder and move it left and right. Do that every two weeks and they will not gaul up and seize.

Back