• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 Trailer Guide Weld Cracking

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this issue, and if so, what they've done about it. There are guides above the wheel on both sides of the trailer that help position the boat when the boat is being brought back onto the trailer. The guides are supported by posts fore and aft of the wheel. I have noticed that the weld at the base of the forward posts have cracked on both sides of the trailer. This is not structural to the trailer, but a nuisance. I could just cut off the posts and eliminate the guides, since the guides don't perform any significant function once the boat is on the trailer, and the bunks are what really guide and establish the position of the boat on the trailer. However, the guides are a nice visual cue when the boat is being brought back onto the trailer. Therefore, I have supported the posts with some galvanized brackets from the local hardware store. Hopefully, this will hold up for a while, but it did make me curious if anyone else has seen this issue, and if so, what they've done about it. It seemed like more than a coincidence that it was the forward posts on both sides. It is the galvanized trailer, and it is my third season. I do travel two hours and launch my boat in the ocean, so the trailering miles and salt water may be contributing, although I do take care to rinse with fresh water afterward.

On a separate note, I do enjoy my Scarab 195G. This forum is just a great place for us to share and discuss some of these minor issues. I have gotten some really great information from this forum, so thank you to the contributors.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Samething happend to my trailer on one of the guides. I havent fixed it yet, boat's in thr shop. To say it's disappointing is an understatement. In the 2 years I've had the boat, I've only used the trailer a handful of times Kusually the boat stays on a lift) and bothered the boat and trailer are stored indoors (heated) for the winter.

Djohn811

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Mine started to do the same and I ended up cutting them off and installed roller guides just aft of the wheel wells to provide that visual cue as well as help guide the boat on in current/windy conditions.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On my Yamaha trailer, the wheel well covers act as a guide to some degree......their supports were cracking on a bunch of them, and they were replaced under warranty as this was a problem with all the trailers. Perhaps ask Scarab about this? Otherwise just install guide posts....they will work better on deeper ramps anyway.

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I thought that the image below, one of the ones that Luc posted on the “Scarab going away?” thread, was interesting. My understanding is that the slide guides are being removed for the next model year. I’m guessing that Scarab has decided that those slide guides were not an ideal design. Djohn811, any chance of getting an image of the roller guides installed just aft of the wheel wells? I’d like to see what you came up with.
trailer slide guides removed.jpg