• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Screen Size for 210 FSH Sport

Medicated

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will be picking up a 210 FSH Sport next week with no fishfinder/sonar installed yet. Looking for experience or suggestions on the max screen size/manufacturer can fit flush mounted in existing space.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will be picking up a 210 FSH Sport next week with no fishfinder/sonar installed yet. Looking for experience or suggestions on the max screen size/manufacturer can fit flush mounted in existing space.
I have a Solix 10” that would easily flush mount, but I opted for a ram Mount which I’m happy with. The flush mount is cleaner looking but I like being able to move the screen so that it is facing me. I can flip the screen around 180° to face forward so that if I’m drift fishing with a drift anchor to keep the bow into the wind / waves I can see the screen from the bow. Being to angle the screen towards you is also nice when using the moving map display while underway.

9E16B1C9-828D-47C4-A026-5194DBB655D2.jpeg

9D6A0683-C670-4DC1-9577-7490AC7E02E6.jpeg

4EFBEA1F-489A-4732-9F06-11108F7B22C9.jpegD31A727B-D808-4498-9DE9-B43997620F62.jpeg

Last edited:

Medicated

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a Solix 10” that would easily flush mount, but I opted for a ram Mount which I’m happy with. The flush mount is cleaner looking but I like being able to move the screen so that it is facing me. I can flip the screen around 180° to face forward so that if I’m drift fishing with a drift anchor to keep the bow into the wind / waves I can see the screen from the bow. Being to angle the screen towards you is also nice when using the moving map display while underway.

View attachment 164646

View attachment 164647

View attachment 164649View attachment 164650
Looks very nice. How long have you had the RAM mount on and have you noticed any vibration issues?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks very nice. How long have you had the RAM mount on and have you noticed any vibration issues?
Ive had the ram mount since I bought the boat over a year ago. It moves a little bit in rough water but not a lot, as in I’m not worried about it, it’s always easy to see and use. The Solix is a touch screen unit and even in rough water I can still use it effectively..,so vibration isn’t an Issue. I can also lay the mount over to the left so the screen is pretty close to in front of me, so I don’t have to move my eyes very far off of center to look at the screen while underway.

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definatly go with Simrad. I have the Go9 they still may be on sale at West Marine. 1633458754899.jpeg

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 9” Garmin Echomap 94sv.
Fits well - flush mounted.
Meets my needs.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am looking at options for upgrading my electronics and am wondering if the SimRad, Garmin, or Humminbird units allow you to overzoom the display, not to make the map larger or smaller, but to make the size of your gps mark/waypoint icons(dots and/or ID) larger. I am finding myself casting downwind on my driftlines from the swim deck quite a bit as the bow is upwind when the trolling motor anchors and holds position and currently I cant read key waypoints from that distance. One option I am considering is fabricating a mount for the leaning post to hold an Ipad to display from the head unit. I believe I can do that from the SimRad but not sure if I can do that from the others. I would just use the Navionics app on the Ipad but I have hundreds of way points I would like to populate to on my next upgrade.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a solix and it is highly configurable. I’m not sure if it will do what you want. Try calling their cust service number. I’ve had great success with their csr’s