• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shallow water anchor

They are popular with fishing boats in my area. They are very obvious since they stick up 6' or so above the transom.

Starting at $1399 :eek: Holy crap..... cool idea....out of my price range for an anchor...and also looks like it would stick up in the way no matter where we put it. If you have a great big outboard sitting on your stern....wouldn't matter I guess.

I have a box anchor....I may buy a 2nd small one....just amazing!

The market isn't for runabouts anchoring and beaching. It's for $40-60K bass boats where money is no object for staying on fish in shallows...especially in spring spawn when you don't want to be screwing with trolling motor constantly spooking the fish.

I've been toying with an idea that would function some what like that.
If I drill a 1" hole all the way through the lower swim platform at the outside corners and then epoxy a PVC pipe into the holes.
The hull would still be sealed. Then take a metal rod that would slide easily in the PVC pipe. Cut to length to fit in the clean out hatch.
You could just back into the beach and drive the rod down into the sand. The pipe should allow the boat to slide up and down on the rod.
I could take a 12" section of black iron pipe with a cap on the end and use it as a slide hammer to drive in the rod.

Open season. Shoot me down.
Is this insane?

We do the same thing with our duck hunting boat. 4 foot rebar and 1 inch steel pipe. Not crazy at all, 1300 bucks is crazy.

Just having that contraption mounted on the back would drive me crazy. To each his own, but I would also be real worried what this would do to my resale value. As is evident, we all don't use or view our boats the same as the next guy. You really limit your market when you add products that can't be removed easily. Also, you not dealing with the same type of boat that use this type of stationkeeping device. Those are very flat bottomed, have very little freeboard, if you could say they have any at all, and they weigh much less than our boats. The size and depth that you would need to have to stabilize a 21 to 24 foot boat with mass, tall freeboard, big windshield, and v hull? Just my thoughts... I will just stick with my box anchor off the bow, and a shore spike behind me.

@MNdrifter I like the way you think. That sound like a great idea.... although thinking of drilling those two holes all the way through my swim platforms makes me a bit queasy. I..... I think i need to sit down for a min....

@txav8r Do you use the shore spike even when not close to land? What I mean is, do you use it in shallow water or even in water that is knee deep? Just wondering as I thought I saw someone doing that but I have only used on land.

I absolutely use it in knee deep water. If I ise it underwater, I mark it with a fender

You probably can't use a shore spine in deeper than you can reach.

So you reach under the water and push the shore spike into the ground and then attach the fender to what I imagine is a rather small rope? I appreciate your help.

The shore spike contains a hammer in the handle, or rather the handle is a hammer with a padded handle. So you drive it into the bottom with the aid of that. There is a side loop to hook the line to, and a top loop to hook a float to. Let me find a picture...
81201_L1.jpg
81201_L2.jpg
81201_L3.jpg
81201_L4.jpg
81201_L5.jpg
81201_L6.jpg

@txav8r For some odd reason I wasn't sold till the last picture. If she can do it anyone can!

I thought the same thing! I have the large, and ironically, that is the one "she" recommends :winkingthumbsup"

;)Picture reminds me of shake weight and South Park. Shore spike = Shake weight? Google South Park shake weight....

Thanks! I've used it on the beach and shoreline but never in water. Will try this weekend. Might need her help!

Back