• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sharrow props

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s all relative…. But my daytime high is 50… which is above avg by a fair amount. Normal daytime high of high 20’s returning next week.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I heard a rumors that cpt.Steeve from boattest leave the project because of paid sh!t Sharrow pushing thru
Fairly unrelated, but boattest is basically unwatchable now. It's always been a long-form informercial under the guise of providing information, but look at this one they just posted.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So i went poking around to see if I could find out where Capt Steve got to. Looks like he’s got a gig on Ocean Life Network, OLN, and this review is a lot like the Edgewater review you posted.

Just click on the link to watch the video…it just won’t play here.

Its longer and more thorough which is perhaps reminiscent of the older boat test reviews? I found that Capt Steve has a Fb page and there are some funnies he posted just recently and he’s wearing a boat test shirt, so I don’t know that he officially left boat test, let alone with sour grapes.

The boat test he did on the 21’ FSH is what sold me to buy my boat. What I perceive is that the boat test tests had gotten shorter and less detailed.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So i went poking around to see if I could find out where Capt Steve got to. Looks like he’s got a gig on Ocean Life Network, OLN, and this review is a lot like the Edgewater review you posted.

Just click on the link to watch the video…it just won’t play here.

Its longer and more thorough which is perhaps reminiscent of the older boat test reviews? I found that Capt Steve has a Fb page and there are some funnies he posted just recently and he’s wearing a boat test shirt, so I don’t know that he officially left boat test, let alone with sour grapes.

The boat test he did on the 21’ FSH is what sold me to buy my boat. What I perceive is that the boat test tests had gotten shorter and less detailed.
I really like the Boat Test videos, but the one thing he never seems to mention, at least the many boats I have watched him review, is the stated capacity of the boat. I mean, why wouldn't you just take 5 seconds to show the boat capacity plate, or yacht certified plate?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really like the Boat Test videos, but the one thing he never seems to mention, at least the many boats I have watched him review, is the stated capacity of the boat. I mean, why wouldn't you just take 5 seconds to show the boat capacity plate, or yacht certified plate?
Agreed…. I would think that would be a boiler plate item, right in there with length, beam and weight. The one thing I do see them mention is if it is yacht certified.. not exactly sure what that means but capt Tripp said in one review you can fill all the seats up. I think the 27’ Yamaha’s are yacht certified… maybe on of our 27’ boat owners can chime in. @Judge @mrcleanr6 I will venture a guess that yacht certified means there is just a weight limit and not one where there is a number of persons and persons weight which is less than the full cargo load.

I have plenty of points that are not brought up on our boats, for one, our boats all have a self bailing deck, that is a huge benefit but never mentioned on any of our boats let alone the FSH models that come with a raw water wash down system. I was so surprised to learn that not all boats have a self bailing deck, and that other boats have water on the deck go into the bilge then it gets pumped out, on a deck boat that is one thing, but a fishing boat where fish blood, bait etc. going into the bilge??? That would stink to high heaven. The FSH boats, with the exception of my boat, came/come with two deck drains in the aft corners. I added two deck drains in the aft corners to help with standing water and to be able to wash the funk over board. By the way, having a raw water wash down system is awesome, being able to wash the deck down during the day is great, someone spills a drink or a sandwich and the spread gets on the deck, just wash it overboard..

OLN, Ocean Life Network, also has a youtube channel that was launched back in September and that capt steve is apparently a big part of that. It appears to be focused on ocean boats only at this point. Steve seems to be a bit looser and more fancy free on the OLN channel. I watched most of the vids there and enjoyed them all, even if a couple had some over modulated audio.

These boat test channels and video’s are a lot like dirt bike magazines and I’m sure car magazines, they make their money from the manufacturers an advertisers, boating magazine is so top heavy with adds its ridiculous, but, it is still an outlet for people like us to get a look at these boats, their features and underway.

The best one I have seen so far was done by @JetBoatPilot with the shootout between the Scarab 25’ open ID, and the Yamaha 25’ FSH Sport E, head to head in just about every aspect.

Boat test, so far, has been the only one to test and tout the merits of the sharrow props which are revolutionary to say the least.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yacht certified means there is no limit to the number of people you can put on the boat. Typically boats starting around 26' or so, are built in a manner to allow them to be yacht certified.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya, IDK. It's just that AYBC guidelines are written for craft under 26'. My 35' Beneteau has a capacity plate.

20240204_183516.jpg