• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sharrow props

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah I read that this morning but $10K for a pair of props :wideyed: I think the engineering is outstanding and the fact that there are no tip vortices is cool..

I thought the Deal with Yamaha would bring the per unit costs down for the lower end of the market using Yamaha's casting tech vs 5 axis CNC for everything ???

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Moving into aviation...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Greg Sharrow‘s original intent was to make drone props quieter for filming movies, which lead to the marine props. Sharrow is even making these props for large cargo vessels, when you’re talking biting a million gallons of bunker oil to make a journey, a savings of 20-30% is astounding.

Thanks for the link!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yeah I read that this morning but $10K for a pair of props :wideyed: I think the engineering is outstanding and the fact that there are no tip vortices is cool..

I thought the Deal with Yamaha would bring the per unit costs down for the lower end of the market using Yamaha's casting tech vs 5 axis CNC for everything ???
I can see the cost benefit from economies of scale as soon as the R&D costs from years of development are recouped. Unless I am mistaken, there was about ten years of R&D before the first commercial sale was done.

I think in the case of the guy who has the 33’ Regal SAV, he will recoup his investment in 2-3 years from fuel savings, but his big ROI is the fact that he can now run his craft out to Dry Tortugas and back without refueling.

Again, if I had a prop driven boat it would have a set of these props on it.

Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
id like to see the supply chain as it looks like they are starting with castings out of the YAMAHA prop casting facility in Indiana.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Detroit factory tour and some info on how they end up locally
Thats such an awesome vid! I watched a few of the Titans of CNC before…that one was great. Love that it’s 🇺🇸 being the leaders in tech. Thanks for posting that!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok my buddy Willie put a set of sharrow props on his new 28' worldcat this spring... F200 I-4 Yamahas all digital.. boat is maintained and does not live in the water... he has an elevator lift and flushes/rinses after daily using... $10K for props and they are rusting severely. the inside of the hub looks like it was made from mild steel its that bad and flaking off... the blades are pitted and stained as well as surface rust. He is in contact with Sharrow...

he asked me if i wanted them for my boat and I said no thank you...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
ok my buddy Willie put a set of sharrow props on his new 28' worldcat this spring... F200 I-4 Yamahas all digital.. boat is maintained and does not live in the water... he has an elevator lift and flushes/rinses after daily using... $10K for props and they are rusting severely. the inside of the hub looks like it was made from mild steel its that bad and flaking off... the blades are pitted and stained as well as surface rust. He is in contact with Sharrow...

I would reserve judgement until I hear a final resolution on it.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just didn't want those specific props... I suspect he will get a new set and still go back to his "OLD" reliance yamaha props... and I can pick up on a deal :) I understand the fluid dynamics and i want it... just a datapoint on the mfg process... if i had to guess Id say they were cast in two pieces on a hub that was not 316L stainless or Duplex 2205 stainless.... we will see...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just didn't want those specific props... I suspect he will get a new set and still go back to his "OLD" reliance yamaha props... and I can pick up on a deal :) I understand the fluid dynamics and i want it... just a datapoint on the mfg process... if i had to guess Id say they were cast in two pieces on a hub that was not 316L stainless or Duplex 2205 stainless.... we will see...
They could have been requested as such and the manufacturer cheaped out hoping no one would notice.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

This is the first time I’ve ever heard anything negative about Sharrow props. I’d be very surprised if Sharrow doesn’t make this right. Please let us know how this turns out.

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I heard a rumors that cpt.Steeve from boattest leave the project because of paid sh!t Sharrow pushing thru

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I heard a rumors that cpt.Steeve from boattest leave the project because of paid sh!t Sharrow pushing thru
You know what they say about rumors….

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Any update on this ?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i haven't talked to willie in a hot minute its winter here we all have our parkas on....

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i haven't talked to willie in a hot minute its winter here we all have our parkas on....
That’s funny! What’s over night low?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length