• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shitcanned the Helix 10 and installed a Garmin 93SV Plus plus other goodies..

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never could get the Helix 10 that the previous owner had installed on my boat working properly and didnt like the GPS functionality anyways. SO I sold it on eBay and purchased a new Garmin 93SV Plus.. This thing is awesome, touch screen, depth works all the way to full speed, awesome picture etc.. and the GPS functionality is 2nd to none.

While I had the boat taken apart, I also installed a new Blue Seas Fuse Panel for 6 devices, plugged into the house on/off switch by the batteries, a new Kenwood Amp for the stereo (Still need to wire the speakers to it.) and a new MOB system, also replaced the Lowrance Link 5 radio with a new Standard Horizon GX1800GB with built in GPS functionality..

6 hours in the sun Saturday bout killed me but I like it much mo better. Something I did find interesting.. the factory speedo is off by about 1.5mph according to the GPS on the Garmin.

Attachments

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know nothing of GPS/Chartplotter/DepthSounder/UHF/Etc.......gut that is a nice looking helm!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I never could get the Helix 10 that the previous owner had installed on my boat working properly and didnt like the GPS functionality anyways. SO I sold it on eBay and purchased a new Garmin 93SV Plus.. This thing is awesome, touch screen, depth works all the way to full speed, awesome picture etc.. and the GPS functionality is 2nd to none.

While I had the boat taken apart, I also installed a new Blue Seas Fuse Panel for 6 devices, plugged into the house on/off switch by the batteries, a new Kenwood Amp for the stereo (Still need to wire the speakers to it.) and a new MOB system, also replaced the Lowrance Link 5 radio with a new Standard Horizon GX1800GB with built in GPS functionality..

6 hours in the sun Saturday bout killed me but I like it much mo better. Something I did find interesting.. the factory speedo is off by about 1.5mph according to the GPS on the Garmin.
Love my garmin 94SV too!

Which transducer did yours come with? I got the one with the GT-51 as my research online said it has 3 elements vs only 2 on the CV transducer - the difference being that the 3rd element gets you a much clearer and deeper down view.

Where did you mount your transducer? Photos?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love my garmin 94SV too!

Which transducer did yours come with? I got the one with the GT-51 as my research online said it has 3 elements vs only 2 on the CV transducer - the difference being that the 3rd element gets you a much clearer and deeper down view.

Where did you mount your transducer? Photos?
It came with a GT52HW-TM transducer, Ill have to get some photos of it.. I mounted it on the right side of the stern about 1/2 way between the jet and the top if that makes sense. You can see the Transducer listed in the photos I put up there.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It came with a GT52HW-TM transducer, Ill have to get some photos of it.. I mounted it on the right side of the stern about 1/2 way between the jet and the top if that makes sense. You can see the Transducer listed in the photos I put up there.
Is your port side scanning blocked a little (larger black zone on the port vs starboard side in the side scanning image above).....I was worried my keel would block the side scanning....but the 21 doesn't have the big keel...might that be the rudder? I'll have to look at my side scanning images to see what mine looks like.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is your port side scanning blocked a little (larger black zone on the port vs starboard side in the side scanning image above).....I was worried my keel would block the side scanning....but the 21 doesn't have the big keel...might that be the rudder? I'll have to look at my side scanning images to see what mine looks like.
yeah it probably is, but I dont use the side scan that much anyways.. so it doesnt really bother me.. I can always add another transducer to the port side if I get to actually using it..

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have found the factory speedometer to be off as well. My GPS reading holds steady at the set speed, but the factory speedo is up and down even when cruising on glass. I took a look at it and it is just cheap plastic paddle wheel balanced on a paper clip (not really, but might as well be)........

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So while I was under the helm, I discovered a USB port covered up by a screw cap... anyone else seen this and know what its for? doesnt appear to go to the radio.