• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Things in life happen so fast... sometimes I don't know: Should I laugh or cry ?

View attachment 52683

--
Yep, just passed that milestone....twice.....and yes I cried when I updated my insurance quote. For 3 cars and 4 drivers 2 of which are teen girls my insurance is now $5,800/year. Every insurance agent I talked to said they value the policy off the most expensive vehicle. My wife drives a 2015 Chevy Tahoe so they value the insurance off that. Which is complete BS!!! They have never driven that car nor will they ever drive that car. I pleaded with the insurance agent to seperate that vehicle off the policy or give us some kind of addendum excluding that vehicle but they won't do it.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
HOLY CRAP!!!!
That is insane!! I remember when I was a kid my dad putting me on one car only - must have changed.
Guess I'll have to let the kid go.... "Sorry, we can't keep you on around here."

I would check with other insurers. Another option may be to remove the vehicles the girls won't be driving and place them on a separate policy (possibly with another provider). just an idea - may be cheaper

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, just passed that milestone....twice.....and yes I cried when I updated my insurance quote. For 3 cars and 4 drivers 2 of which are teen girls my insurance is now $5,800/year. Every insurance agent I talked to said they value the policy off the most expensive vehicle. My wife drives a 2015 Chevy Tahoe so they value the insurance off that. Which is complete BS!!! They have never driven that car nor will they ever drive that car. I pleaded with the insurance agent to seperate that vehicle off the policy or give us some kind of addendum excluding that vehicle but they won't do it.
Okay I'm crying.

--

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
HOLY CRAP!!!!
That is insane!! I remember when I was a kid my dad putting me on one car only - must have changed.
Guess I'll have to let the kid go.... "Sorry, we can't keep you on around here."

I would check with other insurers. Another option may be to remove the vehicles the girls won't be driving and place them on a separate policy (possibly with another provider). just an idea - may be cheaper
Here is an idea... My parents not only made me purchase my first car (not complaining) but they also dropped me off their auto policy when I turned 16! Having to pay my own insurance costs drove my decision on what type of car I could afford. I don't plan on doing this to my kids when the time comes, but WOW those prices are nuts!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Insurance companies look hard at the potential cost. What happens to the other person when a teen screws up behind a big v8? What is the repair bill for dads Audi if they crack that up?

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. It is only money and many teens are responsible. My daughter has not been in an accident, wears her seat belt and does not text and drive. It is so cute when she pulls in the driveway puts her car in park and whips out the cell phone with the car still running to answer all of the texts she got while driving. 10 minutes later she finally walks into the house. The anxiety of needing to answer those texts before even walking in the door can't be good but ill take that over texting while driving.

Teach by example and reinforce good habits to make it less likley that you will get that dreaded call about a car accident. Money and cars are replaceable; our kids aren't and that is the real scary part.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just be glad they are girls and not boys. I hear the premium for teenage boys is even higher, not that I know from personal experience as I have 4 daughters and have three of them on my policy. this is the reason I have a 2005 AR230 instead of a 2016 AR240!

The last one gets her license tomorrow on her birthday. Here in WA State they can start driver's ed at 15 so she has now been driving for a whole year and turning 16 is the last formality to actually having her license.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't know why I did not share in my previous post but worth another post on its own. Most kids have to do a required number of volunteer hours to graduate high school these days. My daughter did a bunch of hers by volunteering on a statewide non-profit teen safe driving program and did multiple presentations including at the state house. I strongly believe that being around all of that made the statistics more real for her and impacted her attitude towards driving. So @swatski and any other parents of new or soon to be drivers there is one volunteering category that can have real meaning for your child and others while fulfilling requirements for volunteering. Does not look bad on college applications either.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just be glad they are girls and not boys. I hear the premium for teenage boys is even higher, not that I know from personal experience as I have 4 daughters and have three of them on my policy. this is the reason I have a 2005 AR230 instead of a 2016 AR240!

The last one gets her license tomorrow on her birthday. Here in WA State they can start driver's ed at 15 so she has now been driving for a whole year and turning 16 is the last formality to actually having her license.
I have always heard that as well, but in talking with a friend of mine that is an insurance broker, he said now it has pretty much leveled out. Boys and girls are mostly the same, but it does vary by State, and also what city in each state. For example it's quite different from Houston to Dallas Ft. Worth. The big breaks don't come until they 1) Get Married, 2) Have a child, or 3) Turn 25. I really hope 1 and 2 don't happen anytime soon and 3 seems like an eternity!!!!!!

I tried separating them onto their own policy. I ran them with Geico by them selves and it added about $1,000/yr to the total amount I would end up paying. It's better to just suck it up, put them all on the same policy and wrap it up with the house to get all the discounts.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got home today to find a big box of Amazon toys! :-D

Winch strap already installed! VHF radio on the charger! Good times, good times.

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Spring Blizzard of '17 here in Raleigh!

View attachment 52570
Really? This is what it grew into as it went thru Vermont. Over 30 inches on the ground where there was none before. Second highest snowfall ever recorded in this area. Going to be the best spring skiing conditions in years. With the Yamaha still in hibernation, snow skiing will do.20170315_112011.jpgThe Maple industry in the area needed this to slow down the early spring and prolong the season. This has been the second warmest "winter" on record. 72 deg. in Feburary in Vermont is unusual(nuts). Pictured are my plow rig and the wifes Subaru as it emerged from the over 2 1/2 feet of snow.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I were kicking around the idea of buying a new truck a few weeks ago u till I started hearing how the policy's for 16 year Olds are based off the most expensive vehicle.. so I bought a used 20o6 f250 instead. My boy will turn 16 just after christmas... so instead of something new we have a 2005 durango, a 2006 f250, and a 2012 durango.. and that's the way it will stay for a long while. My middle child is just two years behind my son so when he turns 18 she will be 16..... then my 3rd is 4 years behind my second... sigh... these cars are gonna have to last forever!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boy running the 1,600 in is first high school track meet yesterday for a personal best of 5 mins, 28 seconds. image.jpeg

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie ... that's a great time for his first track meet!! He'll only get better!!

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got home today to find a big box of Amazon toys! :-D

Winch strap already installed! VHF radio on the charger! Good times, good times.
Nice! I'd be curious how you like the mirror. Was eye balling it just a couple of days ago myself but didn't know if it'll feel too big.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@atldude - ill have the boat out Saturday and all next weekend. Doubt the water will be warm enough for tubing but I'm going to try out the mirror.

Ill let you know how it fits/ feels/ works

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_5298.JPG IMG_5300.JPG

Another 40hr shift.
This storm sucked. 18" of snow, several hours of rain and sleet, major wind drifts and 600 acres of campus.
Today was spent doing student parking spaces.
I hope to god this was the last one for the season - bring on spring.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_5301.JPG

Into the 14th or 15th hour - this bitch starts bitchin that he can't work like this. Its slavery.
He doesn't care about the OT. He's bitchin to everyone and pissing everyone off and his bitchin finally gets back to me.
Ok - go home at 3:30pm.
Then I looked up who I had in the smallest truck and told him to bury his car before he comes down to clock out. Didn't want to use the big Freightliners or the backhoes - just use the pickup with the smallest blade.
He was buried. Took him over 2 hours to dig it out. Stupid bastard. Everyone just drove by and beeped.
If he's still around and he dares bitch again - the next time we're using the front end loader.