• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great day heading out and fishing yesterday, well besides not catching anything. Still would rather be out on the water regardless. IMG_1671.JPG IMG_1672.JPG IMG_1670.JPG

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only thing better than a beautiful sunset is when you know that you crew change tomorrow and get to go home!! :thumbsup:

IMG_9518.JPG

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Soon this will become water...instead of ice....this was last month, just before March break.
That's awesome! I would trade palm trees and 80 degrees for my boy to experience that for a winter.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's awesome! I would trade palm trees and 80 degrees for my boy to experience that for a winter.
Wanna timeshare? We can trade each February... Plenty o' that available in Wisconsin!

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
That back-yard skating rink came with over 3 meters of snow this year....that we had to shovel....still want it?

LOL

Here's the same area in the summer...the kids are skating somewhere between the tip of the dock and the floating raft.

11110459_10152668414042242_8250241650255171972_n.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@NavyShooter how warm does that water really get in the summer? It's bound to still be on the chilly side for us southern folks. Our lakes currently are in the mid to high 60's here in Texas and it's too cold to be in for long, at least for the adults without the proper gear. For the most part we haven't had a strong winter either so we may be able to swim in the lake before Memorial day weekend.

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
2 years ago I was walking on the ice on the 28th of April.

Last year, we had open water from the 28th of Feb.

This year, I think we'll see most of the ice cleared by the end of April.

Water gets up to around 24 degrees or so by mid August. (Celsius for you poor buggers stuck in the -32*4/9 conversion life!)

I'm hoping to roll the dock into the lake in early May this year. Water will probably be around 10-12 degrees by that point. Our lake goes down to a depth of almost 30 meters (90 feet) in one spot.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
wasnt today, but stumbled across this pic of me doing some chopper work. This is how we get the Wires up there. The bird flies a rope to us that we clip into those hanging blocks and flies to the next struture and so on till that run is done. the rope gets gets hooked to a hard steel cable and pulls the steel cable all the way back through. when the steel cable is all the way through, it gets hooked up to the actual conductor wire and pulled back through. Then we bring it up to tension by hooking it up to a d6 dozer then finalize it by clipping it all in. I make it sound easy and there is really alot more involved than that but hopefully you get the idea. this is a pic of the bird bringing me the top phase on the tower to the left. I had already finished stringing the tower on the right. These towers i believe were 120'
day in the life of jer.jpg

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More skeet today
I like this one because I actually caught the clay exploding

20170406_184244.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Really nasty thunder storm yesterday afternoon. 1 of our dorms took a lightning strike. Blasted a hole all the way thru. Luckily it was just a stairwell - not a dorm room. Water poured in for the remainder of the storm.
40' debris radius outside (bricks).

It was quite the hit. IMG_5390.PNGIMG_5395.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We went to a drive in a few nights ago. Given the context and the movies playing I found the sign in the bottom of this pic to be out of place.

image.jpeg