• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a place out there and pass that row of houses on the way to the Ritz/ sand bar. Nice pads.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a place out there and pass that row of houses on the way to the Ritz/ sand bar. Nice pads.
One of many for sure. We are in the process of moving out there now. Our daughter got selected in the lottery at Lake Oconee Academy and we had a short time period to prove residency so we picked up a condo for a year. 1 of about 5 total rentals (homes, apartments, condos, etc) in all of Greene County when we began our search. That was a bit shocking to us to say the least, but at the same time it's exactly what we're looking for after living in metro ATL for years. Hopefully we'll be able to find something on the water over the next year, although it has to be on the Greene County side to stay in the school. There's definitely a lot of amazing properties on Oconee, but the price comes with them so it's going to be a challenge to get on the water. Hopefully, we'll cross paths at some point this summer. We're hoping to be moving in by end of June.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of many for sure. We are in the process of moving out there now. Our daughter got selected in the lottery at Lake Oconee Academy and we had a short time period to prove residency so we picked up a condo for a year. 1 of about 5 total rentals (homes, apartments, condos, etc) in all of Greene County when we began our search. That was a bit shocking to us to say the least, but at the same time it's exactly what we're looking for after living in metro ATL for years. Hopefully we'll be able to find something on the water over the next year, although it has to be on the Greene County side to stay in the school. There's definitely a lot of amazing properties on Oconee, but the price comes with them so it's going to be a challenge to get on the water. Hopefully, we'll cross paths at some point this summer. We're hoping to be moving in by end of June.
Congratulations on LOA. Fantastic school. I look forward to seeing you out there. We are over in Cuscowilla and absolutely love Lake Oconee. I'm sure you will as well. Please give me a shout if you ever want to meet up or need any info. We are out at our place there nearly every weekend.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is something new I've learned about the boat, few days ago while installing a backup bilge pump:
Those support plates/pieces at the bottom of the stern/bilge - that I assumed were plywood embedded in fiberglass - actually are ALUMINUM - NOT WOOD!

That discovery made me very happy about my boat, albeit made the job more complicated, lol.
Also explains abundance of mysterious aluminum shavings in those new bilges...

But overall - not bad! Bravo Yamaha - those new hulls are really "no wood". :cool:

upload_2017-4-28_23-45-17.png

And here is the pump - installed:
upload_2017-4-28_23-54-10.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This past weekend, the annual spring turkey hunt started, It was youth weekend, and the adult season starts today. Many of my adult friends, who hunt, have brought their young hunters to bag their first bird on my farm. I have seen many of them succeed. Although I post my land, I do allow first timers with their parent to hunt in certain areas. The key is to ask first. No youth hunters this year, as most have grown up and are starting their own families. Opening morning this guy and the girls came out and did not care that I was there, in the truck. Different story when I got out and tried to get closer.
20170429_062107_001.jpg 20170429_062312_001.jpg Its great to see the smiles on all the kids and wives who were successful hunting turkey and deer here.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunate for me, @zipper - I just saw more turkey in your pics than I saw all season down here in deep south Alabama.:banghead:

Glad everyone had a great time with stories and memories to tell.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bennie We have a pretty good population in the area, watched 3 toms all winter (tracks in the snow) and two competing about 3 weeks ago for this territory. We have, in my fields, about six to eight hens now. I look forward to seeing the young as they converge this summer. I have counted as many as 4 hens with their young in a group that was 36 working their way across the fields. Its pretty cool to watch, as growing up in the 60s and 70s there were no turkeys here.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went out around 10 am on Sunday for brunch at a local place. It was a bit foggy but hey, it'll lift by the time we're done, right?
20170430_110501.jpg

Um, nope! Got worse. Time to break out the Navionics app...:watching:20170430_122550.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are you building? Cam.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice to know there still is sunny blue sky somewhere!.... Escaping weeks of rain in STL area, with some serious flooding going on now where I normally boat.
upload_2017-5-4_11-52-14.png

I won't see the outside of a medical center in the next few days anyway, but all you FL guys are really roughing it out here, lol.
(EDIT: Here for work, not treatment.)

--

Last edited:

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Leaving TIA headed south eh? Hope you brought some of that rain with you!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
S-N double O-P, Snoop Dogg last night at Sunfest
How was it? I had tickets to see him this past Sunday in Charlotte, and ended up giving them away. We had just went down for Neil Diamond on Friday and my wife had to work early on Monday.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's this springs project. A pulp machine drive. Almost $1 million installed. I have 3 more weeks to get it done. Cam
IMG_20170504_141340.jpg IMG_20170504_141618.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice @KXCam22
Whose equipment? Allen Bradley?
Do you guys use cable tray for most of your wiring methods?