• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The one she is holding in the top picture looks like Punxsutawney Phil, it is huge, relative to her. What caliber are you plinking with?
We shot a few good sized ones but I wish they were the size of the ones in town that get fed well. I was using my Henry Golden Boy 17HMR

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We shot a few good sized ones but I wish they were the size of the ones in town that get fed well. I was using my Henry Golden Boy 17HMR
Very nice! I will have to get something like that. All I have is bigger caliber in a long gun. My .22's are pistols. I just watched a video on the 17hmr, that is a varmint killer.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my first hunting trip 30 years ago was squirrels in OK. We were at a friends family farm, he grew up on squirrels, rabbits and deer,

I was given a 12ga and told walk that direction, don't shoot them if they go in the nest and "I'm going to be in this direction, only shoot if they're on branches, not on the ground" I'm sure to protect him as I didn't have any gun experience.

I didn't get the safety off but he got 5, we skinned them ( I was surprised how sticky their fur was ) and fried them for dinner,

Just be sure if you getting them on branches and aiming towards blue background, if you miss that bullet could be going a mile away ( the old Scoutmaster still inside me has to give that safety note),

A few years ago we had a man cutting grass get hit by a 22 that they finally determined left a gun range almost a mile away, at least with a shotgun you reduce that distance greatly,

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely only shooting while they're in the tree on the branches, especially with a 17. I thought about taking the 22 but the Henry seemed like it'd be more fun and it was. My daughter would hear them hit the ground and take off running to pick it up. She's all about going hunting with dad even when it comes to hopefully knocking down a larger animal like deer.

Bri tree.jpegBri Hunt.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Spring has sprung...

IMG_2273.JPG

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
When my daughter was younger she wanted to hunt squirrels with daddy. A friend & I decided why not, let’s go kill some tree rats. Hello Kitty hat & pink snow pants were the gear of the day and she had a blast. She was my spotter & retriever and loved every minute. When we got back to the house, she helped skin them out and we fried ‘em up for dinner. That will be one day I never forget.
View attachment 144971View attachment 144972
WOW! Huge squirrels...Did you make her a beanie with the fur?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My daughter would hear them hit the ground and take off running to pick it up.
vs. dove hunting with my daughter,

She's shooting them and I'm running through the field to collect them! ( it's still one of my fondest memories )

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed the top 1/2 of the tower this morning & finally decided to break out the new cover that’s been sitting in waiting for the last year. Pretty sure it’s ready for spring break in FL.
View attachment 144866
What is in the silo's? Oh, and fine looking boat. Very nice.

Put the squirrel tail in a bag of salt. I used to salt the sheep skins after slaughter and let them dry, then rolled them up and shipped them to a tanner in Pa.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is in the silo's? Oh, and fine looking boat. Very nice
Originally they were setup for corn silage, then they were outfitted with air floors & unload augers for dry corn/bean storage. Now they sit empty due to the fact that they’re only 10k bushel capacity each which isn’t worth the time to fill/empty anymore.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almost missed it, very sad news back from St. Louis. Mr. Blue (Bobby Plager) passed away in a crazy car crash. Unbelievable.

This was in Nov 2019, shortly after the Blues won Stanley Cup.
1616632676224.png

...courtesy of our good friend, Dwight Schofield, another former Blues bruiser (some of his fights are on youtube, it's hilarious).
1616633079560.png

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Couldn't get out of work today. What I thought was going to be 3 hours of work to finish up this custom range hood turned into 6 hours. It has 1 coat of lacquer, it'll 3 more before it's ready to install Monday.
View attachment 144830
I built one similar for my mother-in-law a few years ago. This one is slightly taller and the customer wanted the shelf to be a couple inches deeper and no spice pull-outs.

Mother-in-law's
View attachment 144831
Project gallery:
We got it installed earlier this week.
20210324_132535-01.jpeg
I think my lens was dirty...

The doors will go on next week. The pandemic crap is hitting our industry with some shortages. The MDF that is used for the center panels of the doors has been one of them. We heard months ago that the resin used to manufacture the panels was scarce and limiting production. Distributors were being hit with rationing on orders. We are seeing the results now with local suppliers running out of stock. Anyway, it caused our cabinet doors to be delayed a few days.

I'm hearing other materials are going to be hit by shortages over the summer too. Hopefully all the local woodworkers can control their panic-buying temptation and we can keep limping along until we're "back to normal".

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today's project was wrapping up this little gem of a wetbar.
20210324_193215.jpg
20210324_131038-01.jpeg
20210324_131058-01.jpeg
20210324_131122-01.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX