• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Furthermore, where can I get one? All I've been able to get is some stickers. I need some more swag.

There is a thread on it. Can look after i get off the boat

I found it, thanks

My 14yo works and rides at an equestrian center. I'm in charge of cleaning her boots, since she tends to clog laundry sink whenever she does it herself, and there is mud on the walls. Scrabbing horsesh!t and mud gets old quick, so I'm always experimenting with shoes waxes.
I think I have found something that works, finally. These are her Ariat riding boots after a weekend of abuse, quick wash and dry, reapplied the "huberd's grease", looks great! catching a break? lol.
1616375789940.png

--

YEE HAA !

Installed the top 1/2 of the tower this morning & finally decided to break out the new cover that’s been sitting in waiting for the last year. Pretty sure it’s ready for spring break in FL.
View attachment 144866
Do you dunk your painted trailer in saltwater? We just got back from spending 4 days in the Keys and the weather was absolutely beautiful. We flew there and rented a Jeep to run around in. Not enough time to drive and take a toy or two down this time. Saw some awesome looking yachts in and around Miami and in Key West. Saw several Yamahas of course!

Do you dunk your painted trailer in saltwater? We just got back from spending 4 days in the Keys and the weather was absolutely beautiful. We flew there and rented a Jeep to run around in. Not enough time to drive and take a toy or two down this time. Saw some awesome looking yachts in and around Miami and in Key West. Saw several Yamahas of course!
I do.
Mostly brackish - in Hudson river, port New York.
I do have a routine going with SaltAway, pressure washer, and CRC 6-56, buying it by a gallon, use a sprayer wand to get into all closed profiles.
I won't lie, I think my trailer will outlast many fresh water-only trailers as I'm so concerned, feeling guilty dunking in salt, I tend to overdo the maintenance. After this season, I have basically no rust, but my driveway is a mess from all the lubricants, lol.

I know YOU would understand! lol.

--

Finished moving the 20 tons of dirt today. Very exhausted. 2 days to move it all by hand. But it came out great. Gonna put a half wine barrel on the stump base as a planter.
This will make mowing easier and save time
20210321_164718(1).jpg20210321_164921(1).jpg

This will be the first time in saltwater. I plan on using a salt neutralizer and pressure washer on the trailer first chance I get plus finding a fresh water lake/river on the way home to dip the trailer in a few times to rinse the insides of the rails out.

My 14yo works and rides at an equestrian center. I'm in charge of cleaning her boots, since she tends to clog laundry sink whenever she does it herself, and there is mud on the walls. Scrabbing horsesh!t and mud gets old quick, so I'm always experimenting with shoes waxes.
I think I have found something that works, finally. These are her Ariat riding boots after a weekend of abuse, quick wash and dry, reapplied the "huberd's grease", looks great! catching a break? lol.
View attachment 144877

--

Those boots are made for riding, not mucking stalls. Nice job on the boots BTW. She needs to get a pair of Muck boots when shoveling/forking horse shit. Standard equipment around here when you are ankle to knee deep in horse, cow and sheepdip. Just hose them off. Use the riding boots for just that. Believe me...I've been in deep shit before. ;)

Nice!!! Was just asked yesterday by my wife how we could improve on her spice cabinet....those pullouts are awesome!

I am not a cabinet maker although I do dabble in wood working, as some have observed here. When we installed our cabinets nearly 20 years ago, We found the spice rack design pull out was almost useless. There was access from only one side, the stove side and the top shelf was enclosed and difficult to use. So I did a refit and cut out the top and the back side between the slides to get better access. Ya, I can't leave anything alone. No before pictures.

Stove side
20210321_094840.jpg

Modified top and back side

20210321_094833.jpg

It is a lot more functional/accessible now. I guess I could have chosen prettier screws.

I am not a cabinet maker although I do dabble in wood working, as some have observed here. When we installed our cabinets nearly 20 years ago, We found the spice rack design pull out was almost useless. There was access from only one side, the stove side and the top shelf was enclosed and difficult to use. So I did a refit and cut out the top and the back side between the slides to get better access. Ya, I can't leave anything alone. No before pictures.

Stove side
View attachment 144900

Modified top and back side

View attachment 144901

It is a lot more functional/accessible now. I guess I could have chosen prettier screws.
I'm no wood worker....so I've been pondering these (our current spice solution is just a shelf in a cabinet).

1616444924629.png

But these aren't cheap!

Beautiful day in my woods. I was leak checking on a mainline this morning and these 2 short video's show how I find the leaks that pictures cannot. I see one and I hear one. In the video I called the lateral a mainline a couple of times, but I am sure you will get it.

The one I could see.

The one I could hear

I don't show how I cut the line and make the repair, but that is the easy part.

The first day since late Oct. that I did not need a coat, it was actually hot out at 66°.

20210322_134000.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful day in my woods. I was leak checking on a mainline this morning and these 2 short video's show how I find the leaks that pictures cannot. I see one and I hear one. In the video I called the lateral a mainline a couple of times, but I am sure you will get it.

The one I could see.

The one I could hear

I don't show how I cut the line and make the repair, but that is the easy part.

The first day since late Oct. that I did not need a coat, it was actually hot out at 66°.

View attachment 144951
I would think you'd be eating squirrels a lot given their attraction to your lines!

I would think you'd be eating squirrels a lot given their attraction to your lines!

I have not tried eating squirrel yet. But I know some trigger happy shotgun owners, neighbors, that are more than willing to come blast them out of the trees later this year. I never have any problem finding people to thin the deer herd. I am looking at a crossbow to extend my season beyond rifle season.

We also need to invest in maybe 25, to start, of these vacuum monitors. H2O-Smartrek™ - H2O Innovation Érablière These will let me know the vacuum status throughout the bush on my cellphone, so I don't waste time walking, checking mains that are ok.

Last edited:
I have not tried for squirrel yet. But I know some trigger happy shotgun owners, neighbors, that are more than willing to come blast them out of the trees later this year.
When my daughter was younger she wanted to hunt squirrels with daddy. A friend & I decided why not, let’s go kill some tree rats. Hello Kitty hat & pink snow pants were the gear of the day and she had a blast. She was my spotter & retriever and loved every minute. When we got back to the house, she helped skin them out and we fried ‘em up for dinner. That will be one day I never forget.
B8A5A624-D229-4E6E-B01E-9CFFB0EC3931.jpegCDD51D1E-B1E9-43D2-96D2-3AC053085B54.jpeg

When my daughter was younger she wanted to hunt squirrels with daddy. A friend & I decided why not, let’s go kill some tree rats. Hello Kitty hat & pink snow pants were the gear of the day and she had a blast. She was my spotter & retriever and loved every minute. When we got back to the house, she helped skin them out and we fried ‘em up for dinner. That will be one day I never forget.
View attachment 144971View attachment 144972

The one she is holding in the top picture looks like Punxsutawney Phil, it is huge, relative to her. What caliber are you plinking with?

Back