• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you get when you plant 5 gallon buckets, 55 gallon barrels? :p
Bottoms are cut out and it Keeps the never ending wind off the plants when they’re small plus it makes watering nice. Put hose in the bucket and water the plants, not the entire area which cuts down on pulling weeds & using the Mantis to control weed growth.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bottoms are cut out and it Keeps the never ending wind off the plants when they’re small plus it makes watering nice. Put hose in the bucket and water the plants, not the entire area which cuts down on pulling weeds & using the Mantis to control weed growth.
The buckets also protect the young plants from cutworms until they harden off. We used cardboard milk cartons when I was a kid...50 years past. Now we grow most of those vegetables on a ground cover of plastic. Good job, the wind will kill them that young.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Salvage operation in progress of Golden Ray cargo ship at St. Simonds. Overturned September 2019. Today, only half remains. The cleats on top were welded in order to lift sections onto barge then out to Brunswick GA. Apparently, this is the largest crane for this type of work in the world. Plenty of Coast Guard presence about.

Attachments

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What do you get when you plant 5 gallon buckets, 55 gallon barrels? :p
I decided to try these portable gardens. there is a fill spout and water reservoir in order to encourage deep roots. Cucumber, Tomato, radish, bell pepper, ghost pepper, habanero pepper. I’ll keep you posted.443E1C1E-B871-4489-A916-CFBBFC4866B4.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The marina is filling up. Vermont is opening up. Summer is starting up.

20210527_144531.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like a nice day.
Windy, overcast & 52 here
Ya cool here too, was a good day to work in the blueberry field and then take a late lunch at the boat. NE winds 15 gusts to 25. Temps mid 60's this afternoon and sunny as you can see.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Flying the colors from the backstay this weekend. Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

20210529_162221.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Brunch at the marina with friends. The Farmers and Foragers Food Truck parked at the marina for the Summer. Outdoor dining under a tent. Good food with old friends. Addicted to the Truffle fries.

20210530_114707.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a nice day.
Windy, overcast & 52 here
This whole weekend is rainy and cold, in the 40 and feels like less on the water.
I still went out, twice each day, lol.
1622422156196.png

The ladies wanted to join last night when it stopped raining, but we stayed inshore due to wind.
They love stern seating, as there is no bouncing.
1622422294139.png
^^^
Kate is smiling because she has the heated jacket on, underneath. Thank you, @drewkaree!

I like the protection of the cabin but glad the helm seat has a big shock built-in, as the whole helm is positioned very far forward - almost in the bow, and it can pound pretty hard.
1622422746201.png

1622422642115.png

1622422684899.png

Today, I went out by myself, driving rain and pretty rough, at some point when I was out in the open I was taking water over the cabin roof.
Couldn't hold the phone to take pics. lol.

--

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This whole weekend is rainy and cold, in the 40 and feels like less on the water.
View attachment 151915

The ladies wanted to join last night when it stopped raining, but we stayed inshore due to wind.
View attachment 151917
^^^
Kate is smiling because she has the heated jacket on, underneath. Thank you, @drewkaree!

I like the protection of the cabin but glad the helm seat has a big shock built-in, as the whole helm is positioned very far forward - almost in the bow, and it can pound pretty hard.
View attachment 151921

View attachment 151919

View attachment 151920

Today, I went out by myself, driving rain and pretty rough, at some point when I was out in the open I was taking water over the cabin roof.

--
That’s awesome!!
Ready to trailer the Parker to FL and cross over to Bimini with us??? I hear Julian has rooms for ya.👍

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 151915

View attachment 151917
^^^

View attachment 151921

View attachment 151919

View attachment 151920

--
I bought some of those Bote chairs. They are great. Ha. You all are much braver than me those. Too cold.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
View attachment 151469

I saw this guy in front of me and snapped a picture.

Not sure exactly what is meant by “Recycle your Animals”, but my imagination is having a blast with the possibilities :)
Soylent Green is real! (When SiFi movies are so bad , there comical)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A good day for indoor boat projects. Low 50's and rain. Recovering the barstool (nav. station seat) in the cabin of the Beneteau. Using "Ultra Leather" vinyl and new foam. Not too bad for my first attempt, trying to make the wrinkles on the side disappear.

20210531_111255.jpg

20210531_111240.jpg

Last edited: