• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

My son and a couple of buddies heading out on the lake out back to bag some dinner. Good thing I have a back up plan. 20150509_183107.jpg 20150509_183125.jpg

It is on Powell Road south of Crystal Springs in Garland County. Would give you the address if I knew it. But it is where Meyer Creek crosses Powell Road.
Not the place I'm thinking of, but dang sure looks the same....barn, house and road all look the same.
I guess this is a pretty common scene down some of the back roads around there though.

We spent part of Mother's Day on a brunch run and had a great time. Everywhere else I checked was booked but we docked without reservations at 12:30 and we were seated immediately, food was great and we made it home before 4.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This was DIFFICULT to wake up to this am on beautiful Lake Murray, SC ...........

1-sm.jpg

Last edited:
And of that same subject, I offer this for your careful consideration ........
<And folks......... Ya can't even make thus stuff up, hard as ya try ! ..........LOL>
2-a-sm1.jpg

I don't understand what is wrong with that picture? It looks like the boat is on the lift correctly to me, but it's hard to tell with just that one pic.....

I don't understand what is wrong with that picture? It looks like the boat is on the lift correctly to me, but it's hard to tell with just that one pic.....
Ain't it just a TAD bit HIGH off the water ? Like 8 feet or more too high ?

One of my Son's assignments was to write a poem (an Ode) about something that makes him happy without naming it directly. Here is the result: I thinkn I know what he is writing about, at least I hope I do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
@MikeyL do you also have a house on Lake Murray besides the one in Georgia or are you just visiting our wonderful lake?
I am just visiting. An incredibly beautiful lake. Water far clearer and cleaner than Oconee.
We are out on Shull Island, facing the BIG WATER view of this incredible body of water.
3 couples that love getting together, enjoying each other's company, watchin' me fish and not catch any fish ..............
You get the idea.

I am just visiting. An incredibly beautiful lake. Water far clearer and cleaner than Oconee.
We are out on Shull Island, facing the BIG WATER view of this incredible body of water.
3 couples that love getting together, enjoying each other's company, watchin' me fish and not catch any fish ..............
You get the idea.
Nice, enjoy your friends and your time on Lake Murray.

If you want a nice cruise you should run up the lake and into the Saluda River. If the water in the river is high enough you can make it all the way to the backside of the Lake Greenwood dam.

Yesterday ............ Later afternoon ........... Too much "fun" with our Friends ........... Too much good food ........
So all 6 of us decided ............ <Drum roll>
To walk across the top of the Dreher Shoals Dam along S.C. Highway 6. It's a popular place for walking and jogging. The distance is 1.7 miles each way for a total walk of 3.4 miles.

Our path musta been different as the reliable Omron (that's "MORON" spelled backwards ... I can say having worked for them ........ LOL ~!) told us a hair shy of 4.50 miles ROUND TRIP.

The walkway offers spectacular views of Lake Murray and even the downtown Columbia skyline 11 miles away. This pathway was completed after the construction of the new backup dam at Dreher Shoals Dam on Lake Murray (in 2005) and with the widening of S.C. Highway 6 across the top of the dam (in 2007).

Lake Murr 10 - sm.jpg Lake Murray 9 - sm.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg
My 13 YO daughter's last cheer meet of the season at Hershey Park. They won their division championship!

Had a retail therapy session today but this time with my son. Brought off road rc trucks to the dirt track which was closed. BmmEnded up on the indoor road track and buyito ng two new on rally cars to use on it. Had a blast with them before riding road a huge mechanical bull, yeah.
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 5
Back