• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oof man. Inventor for architectural work is rough. You have access to Revit? Heck, I might just draw in AutoCAD unless you really wanted the 3D look.
Yes we have a Revit license as well. I was just goofing around for @Brad460 today at home;). I wouldn’t do architectural in Inventor for real :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes we have a Revit license as well. I was just goofing around for @Brad460 today at home;). I wouldn’t do architectural in Inventor for real :D
Man, I can't remember the last time I got to just goof around in Inventor. I was in it the other day doing some FEA work, and 2022 has ditched Levels of Detail which has really fubarred my workflow. I can tell I'm losing my edge on the modelling side in a hurry :(

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another sunset from the boat. Setting behind the lighthouse on the breakwater in Burlington last night.

20210815_195134.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man, I can't remember the last time I got to just goof around in Inventor. I was in it the other day doing some FEA work, and 2022 has ditched Levels of Detail which has really fubarred my workflow. I can tell I'm losing my edge on the modelling side in a hurry :(
WHAT?!!!! LoD’s are gone in Inventor 2022? I am planning to do a big migration next month and we use LoD’s for every top level assembly!!! Fuck me!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WHAT?!!!! LoD’s are gone in Inventor 2022? I am planning to do a big migration next month and we use LoD’s for every top level assembly!!! Fuck me!
They call them "Model States" now......It's been a serious PIA for our production department. I'm not 100% certain how to deal with them, but I hear those guys complaining quite a bit.

We use LOD to create some of our vibrating weight calculations, and it borked those pretty good. Had some machines that went from 45k lbm to over 120k lbm because the LOD was transferred into two states and was being counted 2 or 3 times.

Sorry to the bearer of bad news man......Although better now than in the middle of a migration?!?!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I appreciate the info and heads up. I never roll out a migration without building a test machine but man this sucks. I confirmed it with my reseller after you mentioned it. They are doing some tests to see how it handles previous LoD and part suppression. Ugh we may stick with 2019 if it hinders workflow. We have so many hot plate issues that pop-up with parts or raw material procurement that I really am not about to go through a royal PITA change like that just for a few of the upgrades I was wanting is to use. Shame as I really wanted 2022 tolerance stack-up. I’ll have to dig into this model state crap but thanks a ton for the heads up!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just watched a video on Model States and at first glance I like the idea of them and we have discussed we wished Autodesk did this before. We have a lot of part files or subassemblies that are created simply because we needed to have an extra drawing for processing. However these days our ERP allows for more flexibility than previous ERP so we are able to flatten things in different ways. I can see where this would open up a lot of possibilities for part files. I just need to see how it affects our top level 2019 assemblies and drawings. Hopefully it doesn’t wreck things for us and it’s something new I can show the team.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210816_113332.jpg20210816_113324.jpg

Everybody's ok it's just always a shock when it happens to you, I had made a u-turn when I left the office because it I didn't want to waste 2-3 minutes going the long way only to end up with the perfect T-bone, well almost, I saw it happening and started to avoiding it so it turned into a swiping blow when the other driver pulled out from a side street, @robert843 hate it when it happens to a good running car, 2014 with 125K miles and going strong,

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On the topic of CAD.. Here is a building in bronx, ny that i'm doing. I design the electrical, fire alarm, and lighting controls. I initially learned Inventor while in college, then Revit, and then AutoCAD so i'm knowledgeable in almost everything CAD.Capture.PNG

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the topic of CAD.. Here is a building in bronx, ny that i'm doing. I design the electrical, fire alarm, and lighting controls. I initially learned Inventor while in college, then Revit, and then AutoCAD so i'm knowledgeable in almost everything CAD.View attachment 160602
What system do they use for lighting in these high rises? I am familiar with Lutron and Crestron but curious if they are used on such a grand scale.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 160601

Everybody's ok it's just always a shock when it happens to you, I had made a u-turn when I left the office because it I didn't want to waste 2-3 minutes going the long way only to end up with the perfect T-bone, well almost, I saw it happening and started to avoiding it so it turned into a swiping blow when the other driver pulled out from a side street, @robert843 hate it when it happens to a good running car, 2014 with 125K miles and going strong,
Man, that sucks! But, it is much better than being T-boned! Glad everyone is okay!

Jim

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 160600View attachment 160601

@Scottintexas man I'm glad everyone is ok!!!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What system do they use for lighting in these high rises? I am familiar with Lutron and Crestron but curious if they are used on such a grand scale.
Most owners don't want Lutron because they're the most expensive system. I've had some request the lutron scene controllers "Grafik Eye" for lobbies and amenity areas in hotels. Or restaurants. But most of the buildings I do are residential buildings in lower income areas. Therefore i'm always specifying the cheaper wattstopper systems.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Having dinner and drinks down on the waterfront at Spot on the Dock. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, yesterday, and her 29th Birthday, again for the 29th time today.

20210818_182245.jpg

The menu...

20210818_180507.jpg

20210818_182241.jpg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having dinner and drinks down on the waterfront at Spot on the Dock. Celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, yesterday, and her 29th Birthday, again for the 29th time
Congratulations!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On the topic of CAD.. Here is a building in bronx, ny that i'm doing. I design the electrical, fire alarm, and lighting controls. I initially learned Inventor while in college, then Revit, and then AutoCAD so i'm knowledgeable in almost everything CAD.View attachment 160602
My stepdad does this for a pretty big company. If you ever want to move for FL, hit me up I can connect you to the company.