• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working on a truck with a wore out clutch, leaking pinion seal, PTO that needs a new gasket, parking brake cable shot and a possible hydraulic leak. Should keep me busy for at least one more day.
36DED882-631E-4B17-A3A1-013C63F11170.jpeg711B5B8E-46EC-4159-9F36-AD236ABE8B42.jpeg75CE47EC-C604-47A0-8EB9-1497CE9C0EB2.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another cool morning in the Champlain Valley. The broad lake is not frozen yet as -15°f this morning is still making clouds over open water. Peaks of the Adirondacks above them.

4C122560-DC67-4A52-B3D8-243110E2FB12.jpeg

Earlier today...

20220122_094820.jpg

Yesterday fishing shanty's started to appear on Malletts Bay and the broad lake looked iced over. Taken from 10 miles away.

20220122_092849.jpg

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe it has been three months since I posted the last pictures of our new home build, aka what feels like the world slowest build! At that time, the house was being framed and the roof going on.

Here is a picture from a couple of days ago:

IMG_2650.JPG

We are waiting for the electric company to install the meter (any day now) so the house can be finished out! We put the home under contract the first week of March 2020, so it will be a full 12 months until we move in!

Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe it has been three months since I posted the last pictures of our new home build, aka what feels like the world slowest build! At that time, the house was being framed and the roof going on.

Here is a picture from a couple of days ago:

View attachment 170002

We are waiting for the electric company to install the meter (any day now) so the house can be finished out! We put the home under contract the first week of March 2020, so it will be a full 12 months until we move in!

Jim
Love the color combo!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Started looking for a home on the water. This is a pic of the private dock at one of the places I got a tour of today. It may look like a beat up mossy lift in a small dock to some, but its included with the sale of the house and looks like heaven to me, with room for two jet docks on the front end.

I’m looking forward to seeing more soon.
3FDF5AC0-8451-451C-9198-A6C85E80CAC2.jpeg8BB9142E-A0D9-4B64-8132-0DB29C98A629.jpeg

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Started looking for a home on the water. This is a pic of the private dock at one of the places I got a tour of today. It may look like a beat up mossy lift in a small dock to some, but its included with the sale of the house and looks like heaven to me, with room for two jet docks on the front end.

View attachment 170023View attachment 170024
Looks beautiful to me!

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that little thing in the background included or is it upgrade that can be added later [flag] ;)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks fantastic.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 170023View attachment 170024
Wait. Bay area? Hooooooo boy. That a lot of Dolla Dolla bills

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wait. Bay area? Hooooooo boy. That a lot of Dolla Dolla bills
Yeah, no disagreement there. Here is a screenshot f the house the dock is associated with and another of other properties in the the same neighborhood.
D958F18A-0359-4DDF-8088-FE60871C1B45.png
CBC1D3F7-7513-4C46-826E-B4271FF07ED7.png

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
C8B4D7DF-32E5-4781-B75D-9E58E6C3A21D.png
welp

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What’s the travel time on the water out to the bay from there? Long no wakes, I would assume?
It depends on what you consider the bay. If you mean the body of water best known as SF Bay, I estimate the distance to be between 40 and 50 miles and the time on the water to be between 3 and 4 hours including no wake zones. I’ve never actually traveled by boat to SF Bay from outside of the SF Bay.

If you are asking how long it is to “fast water” / outside of the no wake zones of Discovery Bay, some homes on the water are less than 200 yards from the end of the no wake zone. Others are several miles away and I estimate that the worst case situation is that it is 15 to 20 minutes to fast water from the furthest home on the water in Discovery Bay.

the closer the home is to fast water the more expensive the home’s cost will be. This is all relative as currently I’m 40 miles from the water and spend at least 1.5 hours getting ready and getting to the water.

in the attached screen shot, the fast water is the slough running left to right on the northern permitter. The marina and boat ramp are on the right hand side about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. So the furthest homes are in the bottom left corner. Which way the dock is situated also impacts price with a southern view from the dock being preferred (so the back yard doesn’t get the worst/most heat or wind).
BC33EDC9-C676-4F62-AF3C-576945BC1733.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Ronnie, that would be sweet to be on the water and not have to spend an hour and half getting the boat ready and travelling! :)

I used to interact with some folks who loved the northern bays when they did their boating.

Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats some crazy prices

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
It depends on what you consider the bay. If you mean the body of water best known as SF Bay, I estimate the distance to be between 40 and 50 miles and the time on the water to be between 3 and 4 hours including no wake zones. I’ve never actually traveled by boat to SF Bay from outside of the SF Bay.

If you are asking how long it is to “fast water” / outside of the no wake zones of Discovery Bay, some homes on the water are less than 200 yards from the end of the no wake zone. Others are several miles away and I estimate that the worst case situation is that it is 15 to 20 minutes to fast water from the furthest home on the water in Discovery Bay.

the closer the home is to fast water the more expensive the home’s cost will be. This is all relative as currently I’m 40 miles from the water and spend at least 1.5 hours getting ready and getting to the water.

in the attached screen shot, the fast water is the slough running left to right on the northern permitter. The marina and boat ramp are on the right hand side about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. So the furthest homes are in the bottom left corner. Which way the dock is situated also impacts price with a southern view from the dock being preferred (so the back yard doesn’t get the worst/most heat or wind).
View attachment 170128
I guess I was curious about both! Good luck on your search!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 170128
So there is no open-ish water to cruise on? Seems like the fast water is just a straight narrow channel.