• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Visiting in Trenton, NJ earlier today...

View attachment 175884

Brought it back home just before the storm, barely fits in the driveway.
Bunks over rollers this time? Did you really say storm? Ha...I woke up to this bomb cyclone noreaster bullcrap. Did not expect this much, this early in the storm.

20220419_060802.jpg

This pool in the backyard? Still too early!

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Busy weekend.

Rented a 6x12 U-Haul to finish emptying one of our storage units in the Baltimore area on Sunday. As they are not open on Sundays, picked it up first thing Saturday morning, then unhitched it in the driveway (this is the spot my new (to me) boat will someday go :))

Then hitched the ATV trailer and went to pick up our vinyl plank flooring (4,000 square feet), saving a $400 delivery fee. Turns out to be 4 pallets plus 9 cartons. During the 20 mile drive, wondered if it would be one load or two? Turns out vinyl planking is pretty damn heavy, about 50 lbs per carton. One pallet of this planking is about 950 square feet and weighs about a ton (2,000 lbs)! So, two pallets, is just under the max capacity of my trailer (4,200 lbs). Here's me starting to unload the first load:

lvp 1st half.jpeg

One pallet goes upstairs and one gets stored in the garage. The cartons that went upstairs were the worst, first time in a while that I felt my age! Will probably pick up the other two pallets tomorrow afternoon.

Gotta stay focused on the prize however. The money I save on the flooring, include tiling the bathrooms and the laundry room, will buy me 1/2 a boat. :D

Jim

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new boat can't handle the 10' footers?
The boat would actually do okay, most likely, but - I hope I'll never find out... That would be sheer misery, and a coup for some chiropractor.
I'm thinking sooner or later I will run into something, knowing me, and knowing how the seas here off NJ shore are unpredictable; with any longer, overnight trip there is a chance things could turn in some unpredictable fashion.
Those 280 edgewaters are considered technically unsinkable, and unbreakable, due to the way they are constructed; however it'd not be a great consolation if one were to get stranded, swamped 100 miles offshore...

This weekend we are taking a road trip to bring the new EW down from the Cape Cod; tempted as I were, we are renting a big truck and hauling her down rather than risking a ride through Block Island Sound in this weather!

I'm still a bit nervous to be honest, we budgeted 3 days for the move, hopefully it will go well.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have always said life is to short not to have fun and having make up put on your face and nails done is part of that fun. What is even more fun is doing it back to your granddaughter. If this makes you laugh and or smile it was worth it. Love Teagan and Grandpa [flag]6C6E7925-8A18-441F-84C2-1EC4DF803F12.jpegC8503EAA-A411-4371-9508-0189CD79A7A4.jpeg2E503E31-2A6B-42FB-B999-511BCD5796BC.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife just sent me a message on FB Messenger. She is the creator and Admin. for this group. "Beneteau First "S" Series owners group" and a member posted a comment about the cover picture on the group. She did not send this back at him, but what she sent to me was hilarious.

Screenshot_20220420-090256_Chrome~2.jpg

FWIW He was right, the sail did not belong to a Beneteau. But her inner child could not help it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are on the Cape Cod, MA, picking up the new boat tomorrow.
Rented this truck, it feels like driving a freight train, lol. pretty awesome actually.
1650605291694.jpeg

Boy, can this think drink some gas... it's almost unreal, slightest uphill can drop to 7mpg or so, and that is pulling an empty trailer, lol
Makes me feel a bit better about the LC200.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Rented this truck, it feels like driving a freight train, lol. pretty awesome actually.
View attachment 176126

Boy, can this think drink some gas... it's almost unreal, slightest uphill can drop to 7mpg or so, and that is pulling an empty trailer, lol
Glad you are doing it yourselves. Take your time, it is not a race. It's just like driving a Jeep, lol. Hopefully a good experience for you both with a 3/4 ton truck and 30' of fun out behind you. Don't expect good mileage while towing that load. I get 9-10 mpg just doing chores around the farm and town. I see 6's and 7's mpg daily, I don't want to look anymore.One day we’ll get on the highway heading points South.

C6056341-4709-4D77-AE68-95B1D1495902.jpeg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you are doing it yourselves. Take your time, it is not a race. It's just like driving a Jeep, lol. Hopefully a good experience for you both with a 3/4 ton truck and 30' of fun out behind you. Don't expect good mileage while towing that load. I get 9-10 mpg just doing chores around the farm and town. I see 6's and 7's mpg daily, I don't want to look anymore.One day we’ll get on the highway heading points South.

View attachment 176129
looks like your holding off on filling the gas tank until prices go down??

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 176126

Howzit goin? Are you doing a post purchase Sea trial while there? How did she do? Or did you just pick her up and bring her to her new slip? But I would imagine you would have her at your home before you launch so you can go thru her with a critical eye and help from a few more.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 176126

I believe your new boat has a 9.5' beam? I would be very interested in hearing your impressions with bringing her home, especially from someone who routinely trailers a boat with a 8.5 beam. I, too, have dabbled with the thought of trailering a bigger boat.

Jim

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It’s definitely a task not taken lightly. Over 8’6” and you have to be concerned about oversized load permits. Mine is 9’9” and have trailered it back and forth between Florida/Wisconsin.. That’s a lot of weight behind your truck to get moving and STOP.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Supply chain issues have been killing us. Tile has finally come in and they're getting to work on our kitchen. Tore out the old backsplash and put in new sheetrock. Only to find out the L shape portion of the counter isn't level. This is the only time our GC has had a problem with this stone company and he uses them all the time. Hopefully they'll be back out ASAP and get it level so they can do the backsplash. Cabinets also aren't exactly level, can kind of see from the pics, but the drywall piece on the back wall has some gaps. None of it will really be noticeable once they level the countertop and the backsplash is in. Oh and for those that intimately know drywall, yes that back piece is backwards. My GC is heading out of town and was rushing a little bit, he noticed it and was like dangit what a rookie mistake. Tile guy said meh it's no issue since they're tiling, if we were painting he'd have to rip it off. Knowing him when he gets back in from out of town if the backsplash isn't done he'll take it off and put new drywall up.
IMG_20220422_170820535.jpgIMG_20220422_170824713.jpg

This is our backsplash.
IMG_20220422_170830614_HDR.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe your new boat has a 9.5' beam? I would be very interested in hearing your impressions with bringing her home, especially from someone who routinely trailers a boat with a 8.5 beam. I, too, have dabbled with the thought of trailering a bigger boat.

Jim
Huh. Funny you should ask. I've been thinking of posting on my experience with that... Just got back, and it was a harrowing experience.

To be honest, I have no idea how guys like @tim h do it all the time... I know, he's a beast /special forces superhuman but still.

For me - glad it's over, lol...

Good to be back on the water thought!!! In any boat...!
Few hours ago:
1650770674664.png
1650770565734.jpeg
1650770510637.jpeg

:cool:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Howzit goin? Are you doing a post purchase Sea trial while there? How did she do? Or did you just pick her up and bring her to her new slip? But I would imagine you would have her at your home before you launch so you can go thru her with a critical eye and help from a few more.
All good, minus a couple of minor (hopefully) issues. She's in the water at our marina, after a successful re-launch.

I'll post in a separate post on the trip back home. I'm thinking of giving it a title: "One And Done"... lol

I have a lot of work cut out for me to "baseline" the boat; she was put together well but the PO's kind of a guy who buys new boats every 2-3 years and obviously did not care much. She looked pretty good in the showroom but a good salt bath and a long road trip tends to reveal things that are a little less shiny, lol.
Unfortunately, there's no way I can bring the new girl home to work on her. She is way too large, in just about every dimension and really just barely trailerable even out on open roads; couldn't make one turn with her in my neighborhood.
I'll need to work at the marina, not ideal, but it is what it is.