• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigN8 , I agree somewhat but a used boat is a lot different than a used house. I hope the housing market for sellers doesn’t change soon. We are about to list ours, originally sold for $49k in ‘69, we bought it for $200k in ‘97 and comps are selling for $1.2m to 1.4m in 10 days or less from the listing date.

getting back to the thread, I’m going out there again next weekend, I will stop by to see if it sold. They only had one new Waverunner for sale last week, a VX limited for about $18k before taxes. I won’t be surprised if it’s gone.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pre-season oil/filter change. Just because.
Low hours but I figured fresh oil can't hurt.
1649725225997.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pre-season oil/filter change. Just because.
Low hours but I figured fresh oil can't hurt.
View attachment 175402
Does the wife know you stole the comforter off the bed??? Lol
Just need a pillow and you can take a nap while the oil is sucking out

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on the laundry room shower stall. We pressed it into service to wash the dogs off during mud season. A little more to complete before tile like a couple of grab bars, blocking is in, but it makes a big difference already.

View attachment 175004
I am being forced to do some repairs to our shower, and just took a look earlier today, and NOBODY has any Kerdi wallboard in stock. Are you using some other products, or did you buy materials earlier in preparation for this? I really don't want to have to trek to VT for materials lol

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am being forced to do some repairs to our shower, and just took a look earlier today, and NOBODY has any Kerdi wallboard in stock. Are you using some other products, or did you buy materials earlier in preparation for this? I really don't want to have to trek to VT for materials lol
I used kerdi membrane material, on a roll, on the floor pan. I did use the Kerdi single shelf units and their drain adapter, however for the walls I used Durock cement board. I already had some and bought 3 panels to finish the surround. The flat seams will be sealed, mortered during the tiling. 90° corners are sealed with Kerdi sealant/adhesive.

There was no Kerdi board here either...

20220412_063003.jpg

Last edited:

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used kerdi membrane material, on a roll, on the floor. I did use the Kerdi single shelf units, however for the walls I used Durock cement board. I already had some and bought 3 panels to finish the surround. The flat seams will be sealed, mortered during the tiling. 90° corners are sealed with Kerdi sealant/adhesive.

There was no Kerdi board here either...

View attachment 175444
I have one of my tile guys who swears by the kerdi membrane so much that he’s been having me install standard drywall throughout our showers for the last couple of years for what it’s worth.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have one of my tile guys who swears by the kerdi membrane so much that he’s been having me install standard drywall throughout our showers for the last couple of years for what it’s worth.
The membrane is nice to work with. Bonds nicely with thinset to all surfaces I applied it to.

20220412_074214.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dang!!! Didn't know that about the kerdi board. We're having our master bath renovated and our GC dropped everything off about a month ago. Guess there wasn't much of a shortage then. He went out and bought it that morning and dropped it off. We're still waiting on our tile to show up before he starts.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spent part of last night working on the mower deck. Bottom side is getting really bad with rust so I figured it was time to do something about it. Asked the daughter if she wanted to help. We brushed on a good coat of primer and now just waiting for it to dry. With dew points in the 60's I might have to wait a few days for it to fully dry and then we'll put probably a couple coats of paint on it.
1649849127334.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've never tried the Kerdi-board, but Schluter also has Ditra-heat (a floor warming kit) that I plan to install in the master bathroom of our new home. I did have the electrician do a pre-wire for the flooring when he wired the rest of the house.

1649859542812.png

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never tried the Kerdi-board, but Schluter also has Ditra-heat (a floor warming kit) that I plan to install in the master bathroom of our new home. I did have the electrician do a pre-wire for the flooring when he wired the rest of the house.

View attachment 175532

Jim
We did some preliminary framing and rejiggering for the kitchen at the lake house, and we were looking at using that for the flooring. Everything's carpeted, and I know it was for heat retention purposes at the time since they didn't have any of these current products, but carpeting should NEVER be used in kitchens or bathrooms. I have both 😳🤯😳

Brother-in-law is a tile setter, and said I should use that stuff if I go with tile. He recommended going with a glue-down floor if I go with vinyl tile, but I don't know that it'd work over the heated systems. Luckily, I still have a ways to go. REALLY interested to hear your experiences with it when that time comes @Jim_in_Delaware

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tired of losing air in 2 tires all the time & dealing with bad beads on tires. Picked up a set of take-offs from a Polaris Ranger to put on the quad. The only difference in size is the new fronts are an inch wider, no big deal seeing I had wheel spacers. Left the spacers in the rear and removed them from the front and it worked out great.

Before
1BC3CC41-7FF4-4F37-B035-FA766E0C6C0D.jpeg
After
67ABDA8C-2727-4B23-AD25-76BF86C4E9F8.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Putting this retired Shepherds Crook back on duty. No longer for sheep and lambs, but a new animal that pops its head up from time to time, They are known as the "Spam" animal.

IMG_0541_exported_stabilized_1760165273943200043.gif

No, it is not a cane. lol

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Tired of losing air in 2 tires all the time & dealing with bad beads on tires. Picked up a set of take-offs from a Polaris Ranger to put on the quad. The only difference in size is the new fronts are an inch wider, no big deal seeing I had wheel spacers. Left the spacers in the rear and removed them from the front and it worked out great.

Before
View attachment 175556
After
View attachment 175557
Curious as to why you had spacers on the Sportsman? Did they make much of a difference on the ride? (we have three Polaris Ace 570s).

Jim

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious as to why you had spacers on the Sportsman? Did they make much of a difference on the ride? (we have three Polaris Ace 570s).

Jim
When I bought this ATV it had a lift installed and was told that the wheel spacers were to help it be more stable. I don't notice any difference from any other atv when riding.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It has been a long time since I played. Found my board from the 80"s this morning. She won this one. I think it will end up on the boat this Summer.

20220416_143038.jpg